Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Wobble Wag Giggle Dog Toy - Friend Or Foe?

April 16, 2015

Good morning.  I wish I could say I was all better but that's not the case.  However, I did wake up hungry for spaghetti this morning.  So maybe that's a good sign.  I headed for the kitchen to make up a pan of pasta, but just could not deal with having to wash up a batch of dishes and pots.  So instead, I made up some Ramen noodles.  It's not the same, but" noodles is noodles"!

I'm not the only one with strange tastes this morning.  Pogo even ate a bit of doggie food for his breakfast.  Heavens forbid!!   I noticed that he was coughing a bit during the night, so I hope he is not catching anything from me.  His appetite has been off a bit lately, so maybe he has caught a bit of my cold (or bug or whatever it is that I have). 

I'm not sure what it is that I've caught.  I had thought that it was a Spring cold, but it hasn't been acting like a cold.  After several days of just plain yuckiness, some of the congestion is beginning to break up a bit, but now the aches and pains are setting in. 

Yesterday, I felt as though I may have actually lost a few pounds because of all the exercise I was getting running back and forth to the bathroom.  However, I'm sure if I stepped on a scale, it would not support any loss of poundage.  Drats!

Yesterday's mail brought a couple of surprises.  One not so good, and one maybe good for a little fun every now and then.  The not so good item was the Comcast cable bill.  I opened it and found a $40 increase.  Wow!!  

Needless to say, I promptly called the cable company and rasped and coughed my way through a very unpleasant but necessary request.  "Lower my bill or I shall see what Verizon will offer me."    This call resulted in a one year deduction, bringing my bill back to where it was before, a six month subscription to HBO for free and a "hope you're feeling better soon, Ma'am."

The next surprise was a box containing a new toy for Pogo.  I had ordered him a "Wobble Wag Giggle Dog Toy" (as seen on TV).   I had also ordered one to send home to Sassy (Dee's little doggie).  Well, at first Pogo seemed interested in the new ball because it moved and made noises.  But when it stopped rolling, he would lose interest in it.  Hmmm.


Next I sat Pogo on my lap and had the ball by my side.  Every now and then I would give the ball a quick little nudge and it would make some noises.  However, this did not make Pogo very playful.  Instead he tried to kill the ball.  Man oh man, if you could have seen him attack that ball!!!!!  If Pogo had teeth, the ball would be totally destroyed!!

So for now, the ball sits ever so lonely on the living room floor.  According to Deanne, Sassy was thinking she might enjoy her new toy until it started making noises and rolling towards her.  Sassy ran for her life, and now that ball sits on their kitchen floor in hopes that maybe one of the cats will play with it.  Hmmm, where did I go wrong?

My crochet projects are not progressing very well.  Most of the time I'm just not in the mood to concentrate on crocheting and counting (rows).   I do a row, then put it down.  I've been wanting to bake some cookies, but I haven't been in the mood for that either.  So, last night, I gave the cookie dough to Joe and he baked up a batch of cookies.  They must have been good because most all of the cookies got eaten before everyone went to bed.

We had a new dwarf move into the house yesterday afternoon, and so far it looks like he might just fit in nicely.  Ours is a very different kind of rooming house.  You have your room, which is private, but then the rest of the house is "common area" which is shared by everyone.  All the dwarfs pitch in to keep the common areas clean, and everyone gets along like an extended family.  We watch out for each other, and it actually works out quite well. 

That's about all the news for now, and the lounge chair is calling out to me.  Before I go, I want to share a rather cute tee shirt that I found in one of my catalogues.  This one is for my friend, the Queen Jester.


I've taken something for my achy body and now my eyes are getting droopy.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad to see you are still blogging. I hope you feel better. Your dogs sound so adorable.

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
I do hope that your feeling better soon. I am still yukky. This crud just will not let go.

I laughed so hard about Pogo's new doggie toy. Our fur babies are so funny about what they like and don't like.

I feel well enough to post on my blog this morning. I can't remember if I did yesterday or not. I am telling you that with the head and chest congestion, the headache, aches and pains it is no wonder that my brain is also falling down into the rabbit hole.

A new tenant. How nice for you. I hope that having a new friend and tenant will create many lovely memories.

I guess I will head on over to my blog now and see what I can come up with.. Have a great day!! Hugs, Beth

The Queen Jester said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Keep a close eye on Pogo, there's been an outbreak of the dog flu recently in this area.
I've never had any luck with the battery operated moving toys like the ball you mentioned. It's interesting to the cats for a bit and then it's boring. Kind of the same for little kids when they revert back to playing with the box instead of the toy.
I love the shirt, I should order one like that!

Stacey said...

I hope you feel better soon! My puppy likes her waggy ball - but I don't when she plays with it while i'm trying to sleep - LOL!

smiekeltje said...

Sorry for not leaving a comment yesterday, but in the mrning I wasn't there and later I didn;t touch the computer just for a moment.
I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling all much better. If this cold or whatever stays on too long may be you should visit your doctor?
Oh, how nice you have a new "dwarf".
It will always take a bit of time for all to get used to eachother, but I am sure it will work. Is it a lady or a man?
You now take good care of yourself, try having some soup if you have to eat something, that is easy to make and easy to swallow.
Wished I could be there to pamper you a bit but all I can do is sending you a big hug and get well wishes.
HUG.
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

My daughter Hannah, who is a pre school teacher has a bad cold. I think I caught it from her! Argh....I have a crummy cough and I do not take HBP meds. I hope Pogo stays healthy and you get well soon. Funny how pets can get sick right with us. Smokey was so prone to ear infections, he would stumble about and looked so miserable. But ear drops always did the trick! Stella was spayed two weeks ago and she is bouncing back like a real champ. Bandit is just old and Jeremy will be moving next weekend. Yeaaaaaa......now I just need to get the BIL out of here too. We thought he could stay but he needs someone who can watch him 24/7. He is so forgetful. I found my downstairs fridge opened this morning and the food was not so cold. Argh......Rebekah is hoping to get another promotion at work so she can help us with this house. Hannah just wanders about with no real goals for helping us out. She spent her money on eating out and clothes. Argh....But things will look up a bit. Jeremy runs fans and extra a/c in the window when he is home and when he gets his own utility bills at his home he will realize the extra cost.
Love that doggy toy for Pogo. DId you see the photos of Leo the dog Hannah is getting? He is a HUGE dog but he will be her responsibility and one of these days I am going to get a small rescue like Pogo, possibly a chihuahua or even a lil Yorkie like him. You two feel better and get lots of rest. Tea and honey is great too with lemon. I drank hot tea with honey and lemon just now and have not coughed once. we have had snow on and off all day. Yuck!