Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Shopping Is As Good As Chicken Soup

April 28, 2015

Good morning.  It's a bit cloudy, gray and wet this morning.  I've just set the plants outside on the step but I won't be needing to water them because it is sprinkling.   The weather man says that the sun will be making an appearance later today.  That will be great for lifting spirits. 

Spirits are getting pretty low around here.  This bug/cough is not in any hurry to leave and it is very wearing.  I've just had to call my DIL Janet and cancel yet another visit.  I miss my evenings with her, but I'm just not up to company. 

I'm not wasting away though.  Whenever I walk by my "stepper" I get on it and step a bit.  So I am getting exercise.  Plus Pogo wants to play once in a while, so we play and I get more exercise that way.  The kids call frequently to check on me and to see if I need anything.  I'm blessed and well taken care of. 

In between things, I crochet a bit.  The green lapghan is almost finished.  Sadly, it takes me longer to work up an item when I'm not feeling so good because I keep making mistakes that need to be ripped out and done over.  However, the plus side is that it keeps me busy. 

This morning I've been watching QVC's garden center.  Oh my, the plants are just so awesome!  I would love to buy them all, but of course, I can't.  It's hard to be picky though.  Yesterday's mail delivery brought one set of plants that I  had ordered a while ago.   This was a set of fragrant re-blooming daylilies.   There are five different colors, and I can't wait to get them planted and watch them grow. 

Last week I watched a showing of Joan River's fashions, and ordered myself a new trenchcoat.  I don't usually buy clothes from TV or catalogues because they never fit.  Yesterday, my coat arrived and it fits like it was made for me.  Gosh, I can't remember the last time I had a coat.  It's just one of the things that I never really thought to buy because I travel by car, and the car is heated.   I'm not planning on needing the coat anytime soon, but I've always wanted a trenchcoat and now I have one.

Next on my shopping list will be to look for a tiny recliner.  I had a chat with Santa and told him that Pogo might like to have his very own little recliner, and could he put this on his Christmas list.  Together I'm sure we'll find a nice one.  Santa and I make a very good team.

Today I have photos of a few of the gulls at our local park.  I love these birds.  They are so graceful and beautiful. 



Yesterday, I called to order that beautiful lounge chair that I found at Wayfair, but it only comes in brown and I want a black one.  So I will have to wait a bit longer to get a new chair.  No biggie.  When I'm back up and running, I'll take a trip to Jordan's furniture to see what they have. 

Well that's all my news for this morning.  I want to do a bit of blog reading before curling up in my comfy loungy chair.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Angelicastar said...

The internet makes it very easy for us to get what we need without the hustle and bustle of others shopping. I can't do all the walking. I do go out sometimes during the week days, but I try to stay away from the stores on the weekends when all the working people are there with the children. Oh boy, I just saw on the news this 19 year old robbed a 2 year old for the I-pad he was playing with. Knocked the baby over and he was only hurt with minor scratches. It's sad. Have a great day and get well soon.

The Queen Jester said...

It's so hard to find just what you want when you can picture it in your head. Hope you're feeling better soon.