Friday, April 3, 2015

Do You Suppose That Wooden Teeth Leave Splinters In Your Mouth?

April 3, 2015

Good morning.  Well, I tried my best to sleep in this morning, but my conscience got the better of me and I had to get up.  I needed to put in a call for a delivery of fuel oil, and Pogo was wanting a bit of breakfast. 

It rained during the night, and it's gray with a bit of rain and wind now.  I guess it will be like this right through till later tomorrow.  So lunch in the park is out for today.  Yesterday, Pogo and I got lunch of MacDonalds and went to the park to watch the ducks and geese while we ate.  Would you believe that the park was closed?  There were big trucks there and signs saying that the men were doing tree work all day.  Go figure!

Well, we brought our burgers home, but it just wasn't the same so Pogo would not eat his lunch.  Ah well, I can't blame him.  I was really looking forward to having my lunch in the park too.  When we got home, there was a package waiting for me.  It was something fun that I ordered on Amazon, but I'll save that for Sunday's blog. 

I also got a nice surprise in my email.  Beth made a beautiful scrap layout of Jasmine singing "Over The Rainbow."  We love it Beth.  Thank you so much.


Today I have photos (Dwarf Helen took these on her phone)  of our house kitties, Sunshine and Blackie.  They get along very well with each other, and Blackie being the bigger of the two tends to look after Sunshine.  If he thinks you are going to hurt Sunshine, he will bite you.  Otherwise, he is quiet happy cat.  This is Blackie.

 
The two cats nap and play together a lot.  So far though, Pogo has not decided to befriend either of them.  Strange.



I was very glad to hear that many of my blogger friends feel the same way as me about feeding their fur babies first, or going without to make sure they are fed.  Taking care of our pets and other animals is a very important issue with me.

Well, last night I put a couple more rows on the Aruba Sea afghan.  Who knows, I might just be able to finish it up soon.   I think there's only about four or five more rows to go on it.  If the rain keeps up, maybe I can finish it off over the weekend. 

Speaking of the weekend, I have to get busy today and start hard boiling eggs.  I did promise the Easter Bunny that I would help by getting some eggs and baskets ready, so I'm thinking that today would be a good day to get started.  I picked up all the fixings yesterday while I was food shopping.

Did you know that Walt Disney had wooden teeth?  Wow, who'd a thought!!!  On that note, I'll leave you and get started on this new day.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh Edna,
I just love the kitty pictures... Of course Pogo is not sure that he wants to befriend them. My mama use to tell our dogs, "Honey don't associate with a cat." To the cats she would say "Honey it is not alright to associate with that dog." LOL... I have seen my mama go without dinner to feed our animals. One night I got up to find her making water gravy and biscuits. She split that with our dog Baby Doll.
I feel the same way. Cisco has gained quiet a few pounds since I have been here because I give him some of what ever I am eating. Karyn has gotten on to me for it because he has asthma. So I have been trying to just keep him on his food and give him a little more exercise each day.

You were speaking earlier of the new system from your Hospital. We have the same here and it is really good for me as it takes up less time than for me to be on the phone, but I do not schedule appointments with it nor do I pay any bills with it. I really like it as I can check on test results as soon as they come in rather than waiting on them to call me or wait for my next appointment and a letter.
But there is a million other things in which I do not like the system that is set up for other things.
I am going to check in our area. I think that there is a grocery store near by and that I can order what I want and pay a small fee for delivery. I am going to check it out. My problem with that is that I like to do my own looking and selecting. But on days where I just have to go to the store and not feel well and such it could be a great option.

I am so glad that you like the scrap page. I have had several comments that I should not have put the rainbow over Jasmine/Dorothy's head. I thought that it was fine considering she was singing over the rainbow but maybe not. I might redo it if I get more comments on it tho.

I am trying to decide on the other photos, what I want to do with them. So far I am just playing with some ideas.

I am sorry that your trip to the park didn't work out, and sorry to hear that Pogo did not want his hamburger. I had McDonalds for lunch today. It was so good.

Guess I need to get off here and find something constructive to do. At this point I am thinking that the most constructive thing I can do is take a nap. Another sleepless night for me. It was 5 this morning before I got to sleep and up at 8:30.
I will talk to you soon. Hugs, Beth

Nani said...

Oh my goodness, Sunshine and Blackie are beautiful, and beautiful together!

We've had rain yesterday and today with clouds and more rain coming. What's worse is the current holiday forecast! I don't mean Sunday, the Easter Bunny brings chocolate and that brings smiles no matter what the weather. I'm talking about Monday! I have plans to sit in front of the TV at 1PM and stay there for 4 games. (That's one of the good things MS does; no job, no income but all day free for baseball on Opening Day!) Hut so far there's a chance of showers in Detroit, game #1 and a chance of thunder storms in Cincinnati, game 2! Oh, April showers...

I do need to see about boiling some eggs for Sunday. David is working, so I'll be able to make some Easter Egg Salad. It's egg salad with a few drops of blue food coloring so it looks blue, green and yellow. My inner child loves it! :)

Have a great blog-day off and a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs, Nani

LV said...

It is always a delight to read your post. Feel like I am right there talking to you. Love it when you drop by my place. Best wishes to you and family on this special Easter day.

smiekeltje said...

Pity the park was closed. You will hve to try it on another day.
Lovely phtos of Blackie and Sunshine and great they like eachother.
Oh, you will have fun making the easter baskets.
Today i must go out to walk with Heidi's doggies, nothing else is really on my to-do list, so I hope for a quiet day.
May be we will see some sunshine, would be nice, when I walk with the dogs.
Have a lovely day and happy Easter!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

How sweet to see the kitties together. I wondered how they were adapting or whether or not you still had them. Perhaps Pogo will come to tolerate them in time.