Wednesday, February 25, 2015

That's Not More Snow I See, Is It?

February 25, 2015

Good morning.  Shall I tell you that we got another 2 or 3 inches of snow during the night?  Nah, I don't want to spoil your morning.  (But we did!)  I was going to go out today to do some errands, but now I'll have to wait until Joe gets home later today so that he can clean off my car.  It's against the law to drive around with snow on the roof of your car and I can't reach that high.

Someone asks why I need two suitcases.  Well, when my hubby was alive, we would fill a box with the videos he had taped to watch while we were in Florida.  Also, I would pack lots of my craft supplies, books on tape and a tape recorder.  We would mail the box to ourselves at our Florida address, and then mail it back home before we left Florida.

Since I've been taking my doggies to Florida with me, the box is now filled with pee pads, a Potty Patch mat, a couple small tins of doggie food, a fuzzy blanket and my craft stuff.  This year, because of the huge price increase for mailing boxes, I'm going to take a second (smaller) suitcase with me instead.  The only change I may make will be if all of this stuff will fit in my regular suitcase.  I don't think it will, but I will see.

I have an update on Kevin's health problems.  I would explain what the doctor found, but it is a bit complicated and I would have to ask Dee Dee again before trying to explain it.  Part of the problem may be acid reflux along with a wicked infection in his lungs. 

The doctor did prescribe a couple of new meds for Kevin to take and will see him again in 2 or 3 weeks to check him again.   I surely do hope that this new medicine will make Kevin better.  Baseball season is going to start soon, he just got his driving license and is applying to college.  His whole life is looking up except for his health problems. 

Last night I got settled into my lounge chair and started working on the blue afghan.  Would you believe that I ran out of yarn with only two rows to go till it is finished?   So I got out another afghan
that I had started before (Frosty Green) and worked on that one for a while till my eyelids started closing. 

Today I need to finish going through a last batch of 2014 receipts so that I can set all my tax stuff aside until I get back from Florida.  I thought I had them all done but I found a few more.   Maybe, once the taxes have been filed,  I will start listing some of my 2015 tax stuff in a notebook and have a head start on next year's tax project.  Sounds like a good plan!

I have a couple of photos to share with you.  I took this first one of my handsome little fellow with my cell phone.  One can't have too many photos of their fur babies.


This next photo is just plain beautiful.  It does not matter how big it is, or where it hangs, or what the weather may be.  The sight of our flag flying freely is a magnificent sight to these happy old eyes.


It's time now to catch up on my blog reading.  I've already had two cups of coffee this morning.  One at 5 a.m. and another at 9 a.m.  I think instead of more coffee, I'll have a glass of orange juice.  Actually, we haven't had our breakfast yet, so I think I'll get that ready before sitting down at my laptop.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Debby said...

Oh no, not more snow. It has to end soon. It's just been so cold here. Already had to call the plumber for a frozen pipe.
I'm glad that you can look forward to a sunny vacation. The things you mentioned that go into your small bag probably wouldn't weigh that much if you can shove it in another bag. Luggage is such a dilemma anymore. I know I struggle with it every time I fly to Colorado. My suitcases are rather small. I hate paying for a smaller size bag when you see some of the huge ones. it always seems that I am carrying way too much.
Stay warm. HUGS

Debby said...

Pogo is of course beautiful. I love the flag picture too.

Unknown said...

Edna, You might just be able to get some of that smaller stuff into a carry on to take on to the plane. Could you buy him some food at the store while you are there to save on space and weight? Just a thought. It cost me an extra hundred dollars for my extra bag. $50.00 each way. I know that it also depends on what airline that you are taking as well.

Love the picture of Pogo! Gosh he is so cute and your right, you can never have too many pictures. If Cisco would co-operate I would take some of him. He has a sixth sense about the camera. It seems like he KNOWS when I want to take a picture of him and he hides.

The flag is so pretty and I love how it looks. You take great pictures.

Great idea of tax receipts. It would be a head start for next year.
I am off to make some phone calls so stay warm and lots of hugs from me to you. Beth

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hi Miss Edna and Pogo! I know, long time no hear from, but...I think of you often. Just not been at the computer too much as it is so hard to concentrate with one eye shut...that pesky other cataract will be out this Friday...hip, hip hooray! I have worn glasses for more than 40 years, so my eye is lazy and wants the glasses, but the one that has been repaired is 20/20 and cannot see with the glasses on...go figure.
I just adore reading your blog and catching up with you two! Pogo looks so sweet with his Valentine bear and your snow photos look awesome and so lovely, but oh so cold. We got the rain, then and inch of sleet that brought all the schools and lots of businesses to a stand still here, then it melted and refroze into black ice and then the rain started again last night, all the ice melted causing ponding and hydroplaning, the rain turned to sleet again then to snow, all within 24 hours...this week has been unreal around here and oh so many accidents. We do not know how to drive in this mess, especially the ice with all the high bridges and overpasses in this area (some are stacked 5 highways high). Needless to say, I stayed indoors and out of the cold until this morning. Went to work with it snowing to beat the band, but we only had about a half inch covering the grassy areas and it went from 32F to 65F this afternoon with lots and lots of bright sunlight. C-R-A-Z-Y!!
Hope you and Pogo have a nice trip to Florida and that Audrey has safe travels down as well, enjoy your vacation and I will chat more with you later, by the time you get back I should have NO PROBLEMS focusing! LOL Hugs to both of you! Mat

smiekeltje said...

So sorry to hear about kevin's health problems. It isnt something easy to spot, as it seems,and then finding the right treatment for it. Hope it will start to go better with him soon.
Perhaps you could try to buy the food for Pogo in the area of your holiday spot?Specially cans are taking space and give weight to a suitcase.
But it always is hard to take with you the right stuff, often we just take too much with us on a holiday.
Might be a good idea to make a notebook for the taxes, but it will be hard to keep it updated, LOL.
Have to go this afternoon to Heidi for the doggies, so hopefully it will not rain.
Take care, be careful out on the road.
Hugs
Kyra

Snowy said...

Fantastic pics as always :) Have fun in Florida... off into the sun myself soon,lol
Hugs Snowy

The Queen Jester said...

It sounds like you carry more supplies than clothes, which would be a good move in my thoughts.
I hope Kevin finds some relief soon, that doesn't sound like much fun.