Friday, January 30, 2015

Storm Kari Is Bringing Us More Snow

January 30, 2015

Good morning everybody.  I'll give you three guesses what's happening outside my door.  Yup!  You guessed it!  It is snowing.  It's another storm, this one is named "Kari".  It's supposed to snow all day, tonight and right on through tomorrow.   If that's not bad enough, we are promised another nasty snowy wet day for next Monday too.  Sheesh!!

Want to know what Pogo thinks of all this wicked Winter weather?  This is how he rides out the cold and the snow.    First we pile up a bunch of fuzzy blankets on his little sofa; then he settles in.


I realize that it is sometimes difficult to visualize what something looks like just from hearing about it.  I mention my driveway (parking lot) often when we have bad weather, so I took a couple of photos to show just how big it is.  The photos don't show it all, but you can see a lot of it.  You can see Joe (in the tan jacket) and Mike (in the dark jacket) shoveling.  That's my car in the bottom right corner, minus a lot of the snow that it was buried under.



These photos were taken through the storm door, which is why you can see the mesh screen imprint on the photos. 

I finally have some good news for daughter Audrey.  She has finally found herself a new car to get around in.  It's a cute little Nissan Versa.  Good luck with it Audrey, and drive safely.  Your car carries some very precious cargo in it.


I have another story to share with you.  Audrey was riding in a car one day last week when she spotted something very interesting way off in a field.  She took as many photos as she could with her phone, and sent this one on to me.  Wow!!  Would you believe - an Albino Deer.  At least, I think that's what it is.  I zoomed in as best I could and could not see a black nose.


We've never seen one of these, so of course this was exciting.  I looked it up on Google and found that there are Albino Deer, and there are the White Deer.    There is quite a lot of fascinating history about the White Deer.  The difference between the two is that the Albino Deer has a pink nose and pink eyes.  The White Deer has a normal colored nose and normal colored eyes.

Yesterday afternoon, Joe and I went food shopping, so now I'm all stocked up again and ready for the next batch of weather.   Now I'm going to enjoy my cup of coffee and catch up a bit on my blog reading.  So, till Sunday, (Woo Hoo!  It will already be February!)  Y'all be warm and have a fabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely picture of the deer. It is always nice to get a surprise sighting of animals. At least for me.

Great news about Audry's new car and it is really cute! Your car is really buried in!

It looks like the guys are taking good care of the parking lot!! Way to go.. Take care, Beth

Kathy said...

I can hardly believe you got more snow! We don't have a lot here and I am so glad.

What a beautiful picture of that deer. I have never seen a white deer.

Your daughter's new car is so cute! Hope she has a wonderful time driving around in it.

Stay warm! Give Pogo a hug for me.

Anonymous said...

I have had my red Versa 7 years now,and I LOVE IT!

Debby said...

I am so glad that you don't have to worry about going to work. Do you wonder how The Mrs. is doing without you.
You are getting the storm before the storm. Nasty predictions for her over Sunday. That's probably your Monday storm.
My doggies got haircuts on Tuesday. Bad timing for sure. They ave been backed up ever since last winter. When the groomer said he could take both the following week I took it. They were so stressed out afterwards. Poor Izzy's back legs wouldn't hold her up. It was pityfull. She kept falling. She is much better now. I will have to do something to prevent that the next time. Piper was just shaking all day yesterday. They have their coats washed and put back on. Where do you order PoGo's clothes. He is the best dressed Yorkie ever.
I did all the drive thru errands today...bank, drug store, Wendy's (salad) and to the mail box. It was too slippery out to walk. Hubby will stop at the store tonight for a few things.
Why is your parking lot so big. Is it for more people other than you and the Dwarfs.
I like your daughter's new car.
Stay safe and warm.
Hugs

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hi y'all! So sorry the snow just keeps dumping on you and so glad it is not snowing here...LOL! We had 84F on Wednesday, then it was only 60F yesterday and today it was 54F and to steadily go back down to freezing by Monday with a promise of 1/4 to 1/2 inch of rain, that we so desperately need! Shame that can't ship that snow here to our lakes to melt! ROFL!
Just dropped in to say hi and have a beautiful weekend. I am like Pogo, if it is cold, I'm gonna be under a blanket with my fur babies. At least that is what I plan to do for the SuperBowl...LOL! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

That's a massive driveway to clear....thank goodness for your crew of helpful men.

smiekeltje said...

Nothing else to do than sitting out all those snowstorms, isn;t there?
Your poor dwarfs have lots to do and every now and then will need a hot cup of coffee.
What wonderful news that Audrey has her new car. Hope she will drive in it a very long time, and safe!
Amazing, that photo of the white deer! never saw it before.
In this snoowy times, she/he has the right color to not be spotted very easy
You have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

An albino deer is cool! There are white deer on Belle Isle in Detroit. I have a photo in my old albums of a small herd of deer in the street when John and I took the girls to the aquarium and museums there when they were about 7 or 8, so a long time ago, but Audrey's albino deer reminded me of that day. It was a great day!

It looks like we'll both be huddling inside watching the four-letter S-word fall.

Stay warm; enjoy the cocoa...and lots of hot coffee! :)

hugs, Nani

Annesphamily said...

I am so jealous of Audrey! We drove a Nissan Versa in Vegas and used 14 dollars in gas the entire week! My hubby use to live in Vegas so he still can get around the city. That is a super sweet car. Blessings, Anne