Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Happy Hanukkah

December 16, 2014

Good morning.  Hmmm, I think I just lost a day somewhere.  I sat down and wrote out a batch of checks to pay bills and get them in the morning mail.  But, I was dating everything 12/15.  It won't make a difference to the creditors because none of the bills was due yet, but it's not good to be losing days at my age. 

Tonight at Sundown begins the first day of Hanukkah (the Festival of Lights).  This is an eight day Jewish observance that remembers the Jewish people's struggle for religious freedom, and will end on Christmas Eve.  So, to all my Jewish friends and family I wish you a very Happy Hanukkah.

Yesterday I cut a few articles from the newspaper to mention here.  This morning I'll comment on the article titled "Number of homeless kids is rising, experts say."   According to this article, the number of homeless vets has decreased 25 percent, and the number of chronically homeless people has decreased 21 percent.  Meanwhile the number of homeless children (2.5 million) has increased 8 percent.  It also says that child homelessness has reached epidemic proportions.

When you stop to think of how our government supports and takes very good care of countries all over the world, it is really sad to see how it neglects it's own people.  Of course, one has to remember that included in this number of homeless children are probably hundreds of thousands of illegals and children displaced by extreme weather.  (tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding, etc.)

I'm not going to elaborate on the illegals situation, but I do think it is a shame that so many of our citizens are left homeless and are not helped and gotten back on their feet.  I have always believed that we should be taking care of our citizens first before we set out to save the world.  Nuff said.  I'm beginning to sound like a scrooge, and I'm really not. 

Recently, the Queen Jester posted an image on her blog of a two-seater toilet.  Of course, I had to look these up on Google.  It is called the TwoDaLa, and I found several different styles.  Some articles say that the TwoDaLa brings couples together, saves rocky marriages and conserves water supply.  Imagine that!!  Here are a few images of this "new" (remember the old fashioned two and three-seaters?) invention.




Do you suppose many folks will be having these new toilets installed in their homes?  For me, I think I'll keep my little old one-seater. 

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Just yesterday in the news they had some statistics about our homeless people. Youth increased and elderly increased drastically! And for people, being homeless and having psychic problems it is hard time too, because of all the cuts in the governamental expesnes, there aren't enough places to take those people in. It is a shame, and I think it only will be worse the coming year.
To a lighter note: funny those two seater toilets, but I don't think I ever would place one. It is one of those moments you want to be alone and be in quiet and peace, not mentioning the strange noises someone can produce during the session LOL!!!
Oh, loosing a day, that sometimes happens to me too. Must sframble together something to write in my post today and then it might be time for the dust bunnies attack
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You managed to find some more fun toilets. Now I feel so alone when I head into the bathroom ....but, I think I prefer it that way.