Tuesday, November 4, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA JEAN

November 4, 2014

Good morning.  Today my youngest child turns 49.  Happy Birthday Laura Jean.  May your day be filled with music, sunshine and happiness.  I love you.

Well another year has come and gone.   Aside from the fact that lots more wrinkles have shown up on various parts of my body, I don't feel any older than I did yesterday.  But today I've reached another milestone in my life.  Today I'm 75.  Egads!  That sounds so old, and maybe it is.   Inside me, I still feel much younger.  But every now and then my body gives me a tweak or a twinge to let me know that "old age" has set in.

So now my new adventure will be the next twenty five years.  My daughter Audrey has promised to give me a big party on that birthday.  I'm hoping we'll all be there with our walkers and wheelchairs.  lol. 

There are two pink roses on my rose tree just outside, and I went out early this morning to take a photo.  The cold and snow got at them, but they hung in there for my birthday.  Aren't these ever so pretty?


Even the weather is cooperating to make today really nice.  The sun is shining, and the temperature is supposed to get up in the mid 50's today.  Yeaaaaah!!  I love it! 

Yesterday, I got a box in the mail from daughter Audrey.  BUT, I was a very good girl and set the box aside till this morning.  Of course, the first thing I did this morning, even before I made my coffee, was to open the box. 

Inside was a bottle of Carolina Black River Red Wine.  At least that's what the label says.  It came with a switch to turn on all the tiny lights inside the bottle.   Aha, now I know what daughter was busy making a few days ago  when I called her on the phone.  She wouldn't share what she was making, but she did say that it had to do with lights and bottles.   It's beautiful, Audrey.  Now I can enjoy a bottle of wine now and then, and not worry about getting tipsy. 


The car dealership called yesterday, and wanted me to bring the car in today for a check up and oil change.  But I think I'll schedule that for another day.  Today I just want to do whatever Pogo and I feel like doing.  Maybe I'll pick up some quick food and stop by to visit a friend.  Hmmm, that's sounding like a good plan.

This evening, unless plans change, Dee and Eddie and the kids are taking me to dinner at the new restaurant where my grandson Bobby is the chef.  (Bobby is their oldest, and my first grandchild.)  I don't know what kind of menu this restaurant has, but with Chef Bobby cooking, the food will be great.  Yum!!!

There is a pesky squirrel outside that has kept me quite busy most of the morning trying to chase him away from the bird feeder.  I finally took out a can of PAM and threatened to spray him with it.  Before he ran off, he gave me a piece of his mind.  Thank goodness I can't understand squirrel talk.  His words probably weren't very pretty!!

Last night I put a few more rows on the green afghan before falling asleep.  I think there's only four or five more rows to go and it will be finished.  This should have been done a while ago, but lately I seem to have slowed down a bit.  Ah well, retirement affords me the time to slow down. 

Now I think I'll have me that cup of coffee that I started to make a while ago, and do a bit of blog reading.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Happy 75 and perhaps I'll come to your big party in 25 more years as I have high hopes myself. Enjoy that beautiful family today (and always).
Hugs and love.

dee said...

Happy Birthday Mom we love you- and its italian food- Porticellos- xo

Debby said...

Happy Happy Birthday. Have a great day.

Nani said...

Happy 25 for the third time, Edna! I see you with that youthful mind and a beautiful soul filled with 75 years of memories and love. You have the total package and I'm blessed to call you my friend!

I'm glad Mother Nature gifted you with a nice day. Ours started that way but now I think we're holding the rain back from you for today. I hope it works for the rest of the day. :)

I speak a little squirrel and you probably don't want to know what he was saying; those rodents can be downright fowl when they are shooed away from a bird feeder! ;) As is often the case when I visit you make me want a cup of coffee! I'm going to get me a cup and toast your special day!

Big birthday hugs, Nani

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday!!

Coffee Fairy said...

If I am blog hopping and run into some one turning 75, and was mainly looking for subject matter, its got to be about Happy at least. Happy Birthday from Coffee Fairy

smiekeltje said...

Happy 75 and I'd love to come to your party in 25 years. But it will be difficult, still I can join you by the net and I hope we will pass those coming years with many happy and funny moments and comments!
Also happy birthday to your daughter.
Hope you will have a fantastic meal this evening, read the comment of Dee, saying it is Italian. Yummie, nothing wrong with that.
Big hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (a bit late)! I hope you had a great day :)

Unknown said...

I am coffefairy's wife. He told me of your Birthday. I hope your day is extra special! 75 is a milestone that not all get to enjoy. I wish you health and happiness always!