Thursday, September 4, 2014

Autumn Will Soon Be Here

September 4, 2014

Good morning.  It's been pretty warm this week, but the early mornings are still cool enough to enjoy having the doors and windows open.  By next Sunday it will start to cool down with the temps here dropping down into the 70's for a while. 

There's only a couple more weeks of summer and already some of the trees have started changing colors.   Actually, I've been noticing some of the leaves changing for the last couple of weeks.  Fall is coming!

I have a couple of fun news items to share today.  A couple of days ago, there was an article and photo on the front page our newspaper of a local lady who was celebrating her 92nd birthday.  She gave herself a great big birthday bash, and sang and danced (with her walker) and had a wonderful day.

Another of our local seniors was in the newspaper yesterday.  A 98 year old World War II veteran still works out five days a week at the YMCA.  He's been doing this for eighty years.   When asked for the secret to staying young, he replied "Keep moving."

Reading these stories always gives me hope for a lot of wonderful tomorrows.   I hope when I reach the age of these other great seniors, I'm still able to get around and take care of my doggie.

Today I have a couple of butterfly photos to share.  These are two of the bigger butterflies that come to our garden.



I have a few more photos, but I'll save them for tomorrow.  Now it's time to rustle up some breakfast for my little guy.  He's curled up here next to me waiting patiently for me to finish this post.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Readinng or watching poeple of considerable age who still are very active, is hopefull. I too hope to be still be able to move around and do things I like at that age.
First important thing in our lives is keeping a good enough health.
Pogo is such a sweetie, he knows when he has to wait a bit, and let you blog first, but then he surely will know how to get your attention isn't he?
Have a lovely day, my friend.
Hug
Kyra