Friday, August 15, 2014

I Would Love This Weather Year Round

August 15, 2014

Good morning.  We are having another perfect morning, sunny with a cool breeze.  You can definitely tell it is August, and that Fall isn't too far away.  Yesterday's weather was the perfect kind to have year round,  (I'm dreaming, I know)  and today is looking like more of the same. 

It's been fairly quiet around here lately.  Yesterday, Pogo and I went out to do an errand, and later I took Joe food shopping.  The excitement of the day came when the mail lady arrived with a package for me.

I met a lady at the beach last Sunday evening, and I took lots of photos of her dog and sent them to her.  She is an artist, and sent me one of her lighthouse prints.  It is just beautiful.  I love the ocean and the lighthouses.  Now I must shop for a nice frame so that I can hang this.  I have a place on my wall all picked out.

Now I'm waiting for that box of new yarn that is supposed to arrive later today.  Yesterday, I finished up one of the scarfs that I had been knitting and started working on another.  Little by little, I'm cleaning up some of my unfinished projects. 

Today I have a few shots of the beach from Sunday night.  The first photo was taken in "night shot" with a flash, the other two were taken just moments apart.  Once daylight started disappearing, darkness moved in rather quickly.




Well that's about all my news for now.  I need to be getting dressed because my grandson Kevin will be here in a little while.  Today he is going to put my new exercise machine together.  On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a wonderful day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Your night shots are lovely. I need to learn how to do more of this.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, this week really got away from me. I have been skimming your posts, but never had the time to comment. I have tried to post on the memes that I usually do, but again, I found I didn't have time to comment. It takes the fun out of it when you can't sit back and enjoy. I love your moon pictures and all of the adorable Pogo shots. It was raining here both nights that the super moon was out, so I got nothing. Going to the shore to see it was a stoke of genious. Boy did you get the shots.

I am still trying to get my things together for Switzerland. I still have questions that I haven't been able to get answers for regarding customs, but I am hoping I will be able to ask my friend at agility who just got back from Poland. Sure hope she is planning to come to class this weekend.

I have never been away for two weeks ... it creats problems I didn't think about, like what can I fix for my FH to eat while I am gone. If I cook up enough for 14 dinners it won't fit in the freezer and my FH does not cook ... could, but won't, I'm thinking. My son says he is going to bring Pizza home every night ... well, that helps, but really? You can't eat Pizza every night. Any thoughts, Edna? I am all ears.

The buzzer is going on the oven ... need to head downstairs. You have a wonderful weekend with Pogo, Edna and I'll try to check in next week ... the countdown begins, oh my :)

Andrea @ From the Sol