Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Finally Getting Caught Up On My Blog Books

August 6, 2014

Good morning.  We've had a little bit of light rain early this morning, but now the sun is peeking through the clouds.  I really did not want to get out of bed this morning because I didn't sleep much last night.  I finally got up though, because I needed to give Pogo his medicine and some breakfast.

Yesterday, I finally ordered my last blog book for 2013, and later today I'll try to get the first 2014 book ready for print.  So far, that makes twelve blog books for the years 2008 through 2013.  Not bad, if I must say so myself.

Last night, I finally decided that the new yellow project was not coming out quite the way I wanted, so I ripped it all out and started over.  The pattern is still the same, but I changed the size of the crochet hook that I'm using to one size larger.  It makes the afghan so much lighter, which is what I originally wanted.

Pretty soon, I want to start boxing up all these afghans.  Then I need to go through the "gift" drawers and make a list of everything I have put away.  I know it seems a bit early, but I move a lot slower these years, and the Holidays creep up rather quickly once the Summer is half over. 

In a few weeks, all the kids will be back in school, and we'll already be planning for the new season's festivities.  Gosh, there was so much I wanted to do in our yard this summer, but so far I haven't accomplished very much.

Yesterday, Pogo and Joe and I went shopping at Home Depot to check out some ornamental fencing for the front portion of the yard.  We didn't buy any, but we did pick up some more buckets for next year's garden and three more rolls of short wooden fencing to go along the edge of the flower garden on the other side of the house. 

After that, we stopped by Petco to buy Joe a new fish, and another tiny plant for the fish bowl.  Of course, we forgot to buy some fish food, so I'll have to see about picking some up today.  Joe picked out a beautiful red double tailed Betta, and named him "Red".  Goodness, how original!

Today I have a couple photos of our beautiful "gentle giants" to show off all their new cones.  These two trees are in the corner of my front yard.



It's amazing at how much beauty there is around us all the time, but we hardly ever take the time to notice it.  I've always loved nature and her beauty, but I seem to notice it even more now in my elder years.

Now I must dress and get started on this new day.  Pogo and I have to go to the VCA to drop off his little jar of pee.  It's part of his annual check up, and he was not in the mood to accommodate the doctor the other day.  After all, they did not have a Potty Patch there, and that is what he is used to.  Ah well, that's my boy!  His blood test did come out good though, so that is great news.

So folks, on that happy note, I'll take my leave.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Maybe Pogo just has a bashful bladder :)

aquascrap said...

Hi Edna,

Thanks for dropping by and congratulations on your retirement. I know you and Pogo will have many fun days ahead of you.

I think I agree with you...Spring and Autumn would have to be my favourite seasons too. So far, touch wood, we haven't had the sniffles this winter but it has been so darn cold.

Since my blog post you wouldn't believe it but we have been having great weather. The days are full of sunshine but the mornings are very cold....we had our coldest morning for 126 years on Monday.

Loving all the afghans you have been making. I haven't picked up a crochet hook this winter but i should as there is still unfinished projects from last year. Maybe I'll get the urge before winter is over.

Well Tony has just brought me in another cup of coffee....ugh!! No wonder I don't get much sleep lately...I'm up peeing most of the night...lol.

Have a fun day in what ever you do today.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

Sorry you didn;t get too ,uch sleep last night. I think, it is one of the things we suffer when getting older ??
Glad you have nice weather and great you have bought some fencing for the borders.
Wonderful that Pogo's tests till now showed good results, sets your heart at ease.
we had rain yesterday evening and when I made a little tour in the garden late evening(by then it was dry again) I met a lot of little friends there, like froggies and toads LOL!
Have a wonderful; day, my friend.
Hug
Kyra