Thursday, July 10, 2014

A "My Bad" Day

July 10, 2014

Good afternoon.  This is a "my bad" day.  For some reason, when I awoke this morning at 7 a.m., I felt I needed to just stay in bed a few moments longer before starting my day.  Oh my!!!  That few moments turned into a few hours, and I woke up next at 10:55 a.m.

First thing I did was to call and re-schedule Pogo's 11 o'clock appointment with a brand new groomer.  The lady was nice about it and changed the appointment to tomorrow same time.  Phew!  I'll have to be more careful in the future.  I do not like missing or being late for appointments.

Today is another sunny sticky hot day.  I was hoping to go to the ocean today or tomorrow, but I'll wait for the temps to go down just a tad.  Pogo, however, travels well in any weather.  He's just happy to be out with me anywhere at all.  My little guy is amazing.

I'll go outside later this afternoon to take more photos of any new flowers that have blossomed.  The photos that I have today were taken a few days ago.  The hydrangea plants are looking beautiful.




There were also tomatoes growing the other day, and I'm hoping that today there will be many more of them.  I also want to check if the squash blossoms are turning into squashes yet.  We also planted green peppers and cucumbers, and I'm hoping that some of these plants are starting to produce flowers.


Today is also food shopping day, which is good because I'm running out of a few things.  Important things.  You know, like quarter pounder hamburgers for Mr. Pogo.  And another box of rice to go with the hamburgers.  I'll look to see if we need more turkey too.  Pogo has the turkey for his treats, and he'll only let Joe feed it to him.  By hand.  Piece by piece.  I did tell you that my little guy was a really smart fellow. didn't I?

Last night I worked on the turquoise afghan for a while.  I figure that both this afghan and the red, white and blue one will be finished within the next few days.  Yeahhhhh!  The other two should be finished on time, before the end of August.  I'll have to buy me a bottle of Sam Adams beer to celebrate when they all finished.  Or maybe I'll splurge and buy the whole six pack!  Woo Hoo!

Well, that's the news for today.  Till  tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Oh my July’s been a busy month so far! I’m sorry I haven’t visited, my friend, but I’m caught up now. David’s schedule has been crazy with on and off days at work. We were supposed to have a little trip last weekend for the holiday and that ended up being day trips around a big transportation story (David’s beat) that he had to be in the office for. Now our long weekend trip was postponed to this weekend and our packed bags are in the living room waiting because he’s at a meeting because he was called to come in to a big press meeting. He’s going to all on the way home so I can pack my computer back up. Jeez!

I LOVED the donuts you had made for Dee Dee’s birthday! I immediately noticed the baseballs, as I have since I was a kid, but with the flags and baseball logos it’s a perfect summer treat. Dunkin should market those! (Of course, I’d want to add Reds and Tigers donuts to “David’s” if I bought the box! Hehehe

A big CONGRATULATIONS to Kevin’s team!

Sorry that Arthur really did rain on the parade on The Fourth! You mentioned Pogo barking at the booms and pops. Our feline kids were looking all over as, with all the personal firecrackers around, it sounded, says David, like we were trapped in a huge bowl of Rice Krispies for a few hours.

The cardinal/tanger bird is just gorgeous!

Fireflies are definitely on my list of the best of summer. I’m sorry The Mrs is being so ornery to you and all the people who take care of her. I’m glad you’re taking the weekend off. I hope I never get to the point where I’m so nasty to the people who take care of me. I worry that I overstress David at times when I get mad at myself.

Oh my, your bracelet-watch is beautiful! I think maybe I need to make a trip to Sears! I haven’t been to a mall yet with my wonderful power chair + sun + bus freedom! Did they come in green? No, I’ll find out myself! :D

I hate being late for appointments too; I’d rather be an hour early than ten minutes late, so I can imagine that it was bad missing Pogo’s groomer appointment. I’m glad his new groomer was understanding. I love your hydrangea photos! That was one of my Mom’s favorites in her flower beds. :)

A 6-pack is a great reward! For me if I buy a full 6-pack it lasts a few months! David isn’t a big fan of Honey Brown which I get once in a while.

And now I’m caught up on the July posts. This month is moving so fast. I feel like I stayed at your place long enough to be invading your dinner time rather than sharing a cup of coffee! LOL. I won’t be so lax in my reading this time. :)

Hugs to you and scritches to Pogo, Nani




Andrea @ From The Sol said...

WEll, don't be buying a whole six pack of Sam Adams before you finish you they will never make it by the end of August. And you may be sleeping through a few more of those hair appointments as well. I con't do the alcohol any more ... I would be flat on my back with one wiff of it. More power to you if you can manage a good cold beer now and then.

Your flowers are beautiful ... I love hydrangeas and the blue are probably my favorites. Your garden sounds wonderful. I love fresh vegies and they are perfect for my diet, though I have to tell you I have been stuck on the same weight for over a week. It doesn't help when my son comes home from work with Pizza and Spinach Calabrese ... we have left overs and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Pogo is a wily litte guy ... he sure has you and Joe wrapped around his little toe. But when I see his pictures ... I understand perfectly. Izzi is pretty spoiled as well ... that's what we do when we love our pets. Life wouldn't be the same without them.

WEll, I am going to cut this short because I had my eyes checked the afternoon and they dilated them. I can just bearly see the words on the page and it is giving me a headache. Tomorrow is a better day, right? Be well, Edna and have a nice night with Pogo ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

The Queen Jester said...

You must have badly needed the sleep!

smiekeltje said...

Gosh, you really had a good sleep! Well, I think your body just needed it, and sometimes we just have to give in.
Pity about the appointment at the groomer, but okay, another day will be fine too.
I too hate to be late or missing an appointment. And don;t like it if people don;t stick to a time. Always give them a 10 minute margin, but then I get a bit crabby if they don;t show up LOL.
When going somewhere I always try to be earlier for about a 10 minutes or so.
Those hydrangeas are wondeful! There are very rewarding bushes, don;t you think?
Oh, soon you will have squashes growing and sure that the cucumbers will flower soon too.
Pity you cannot go to the coast, because the weather is just a whee bit too hot. Perhaps in a few days temps will get better.
Yeah, important food shopping, of course for Pogo!
And why not take a beer or two home for yourself, you can preserve that for a long time, so you are not bound to drink them all at once LOL!
Going to post first a bit on my blog then have a bit filled schedule for today.
Have a wonderful weekend, dear
Hugs
Kyra