Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's Never Too Late To Learn

June 29, 2014

Good morning.  It's 5:35 a.m. and the sun is beginning to change the color of the sky from a light grayish blue to one with streaks of light yellow.  Yup, it's going to be another warm, sunny day here in my little part of the world. 

Last night I brought my DSLR to work with me in case I got a chance for a nice nature shot.  Alas, there is just too much texture on the outside of the windows here, and none of my shots were very good. 

I'm going to be changing the setting on my camera for a while to take photos in RAW and JPEG.  My friend Mary Ann is going to teach me how to process the RAW files.  It's something I should have tried to learn a while ago.  But as the old saying goes "It's never to late to learn."

For photos this morning, I dug into my archives and brought up three pictures from this day two years ago.  The first photo was taken in the Mrs' garden.  The peach Rose and Japanese Iris are from my garden.  This year the Black Eyed Susans are no longer blooming, but my roses and the iris are getting ready to burst into bloom.





.....I'm back.  The Mrs was calling and in need of a bit of help.  Now she is back in bed for a few more winks before her day starts.  I'm looking out the window, and the field across the street is flooded with sunshine.  The mist has burned off and all the grass has a golden glow.  Yup, another lovely day.

I've been working on the turquoise afghan, and now it is more than half done.  This one is being mailed away and therefore needs to be finished before the others that I've started.  As long as the other three are finished before the end of August, I will have plenty of time to work on new things.

I am so tempted to have a closer look at Tamron's newest lens.  You know me, I'm a greedy little soul when it comes to new toys.  I will have to talk DIL into going into Boston to one of the bigger camera stores with me to have a look at the lens close up and personal.  I also want to try it out with my camera to see if I can handle it.  If I like the lens, I'll talk it over with Pogo.  He always tells me to "go for it!". 

Well, there's not much more news for today.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: