Monday, June 2, 2014

A Wonderful Day To Be Outdoors

June 02, 2014

Good afternoon.  I had a great night's sleep and stayed in bed this morning to relish how good it felt.  This is one of the perks of growing older, I guess.  Except for appointments and going to work, there is no set schedule of times to be up or anywhere.

Today is looking just gorgeous outside.  Sunny and warm, warm, warm.  Pogo and I will definitely be going outside to play and enjoy the sunshine.  Today and tomorrow are supposed to be in the low  80's F before turning cooler again on Wednesday.  I'm hoping that my little space warms up a bit now.  Lately I'm always cold.

Remember a while back I said that the town was going to be doing a lot of work cleaning the water main on our street and all  the streets around here?  Well they are still working at it.  First they had to hook up every single house and building to an alternative water supply.  Then they go back, and section by section they clean out that portion of the water main.  Today they are working at the house next to mine.

Poor Pogo has been working overtime barking at all the strange loud noises coming from outdoors.  In a little while, I'll take him out front so that he can see what the workmen are doing.  Maybe then the noises won't bother him so much.

Lately, I've been neglecting my photography and photoshop projects.  Some of the forums that I've enjoyed being a part of have either shut down or slowed down.  Another changed from a sharing of photos and photo art to a contest of sorts.  That lowers my level of interest.

I did play around a bit this morning with a photo.  I'll share it, but I'm not very happy with the results.  I will have to look around for another learning forum.  This was a photo of rain drops on the hedge outside my window. (plus some textures and blends)  The little bird is from Kyra's kit "Melodies d'antan".


There's not really very much news for today so I think I'll just make us some lunch, and then we'll go outside for a while. 

We are watching NCIS on TV, and a dog is barking (on the TV).  Now Pogo is barking back at the dog and getting frustrated because he can't find the dog.  He gets this way when a phone rings on one of the TV programs too.  He's quite the little watchdog, even when he can't see what he is protecting us from.

Well, that's it for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: