Friday, May 2, 2014

It Looks Like It's Going To Be A Gorgeous Day!

May 2, 2014

Good morning.  Tis 5:40 a.m., and in another hour and a half, I can go home.  I'm at work, and I must say that the Mrs wasn't too too bad last night.  She started out in a wicked way, but I was able to bring her around to a better mood. 

I must say, she has been giving every one here a really bad time, and another person is getting ready to either quit or cut way back on their hours.  Hmmm, perhaps the family will have to spend more time tending to Mom.  If anyone else quits or cuts back on their hours, we really don't have anyone to take their place. 

Last night when I got here, I was treated to watching the family of deer across the way in the field.  I do love the deer, so of course I had to go outside and take a few photos.  Aren't they just gorgeous?



I am hoping that when the morning girl gets here, she will agree to make a swap with me.  If she'll do my Sunday night, I'll do her Monday night.  That way I can have the whole weekend off.  I won't count on it, but it surely would be nice. 

This afternoon, I am taking Joe food shopping.  If we have time, I'll stop by the post office and mail off the green afghan.  I have both colors already on the blue afghan, so later I'll take a photo of it to show how pretty it is working up.  The hooded scarf will take me a while to finish because it has an intricate pattern to it.  It may be the only scarf like it that I make!  lol.

A couple weeks ago I picked up a few little face planters (I don't know what else to call them).  I just love this one, and gave it to the Easter Bunny to put in SIL Eddie's basket.  I am amazed at how tall the little seeds have grown.  Isn;t this cute?


I'm looking out the window, and the sky is so pretty.  There are some light pinks mixed in with the white clouds against a light blue sky.  It looks like it is going to be a simply gorgeous day.  Gosh, I hope so.  I want to take Pogo out to play in the yard for a while. 

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  Till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It's 8:30 and almost 50 degrees here, so perhaps things are going to warm up. And mercy of mercy....it's not raining (at least not yet)
Love the little face planters and it reminded me I need to start some indoor grass for George again.

smiekeltje said...

Would be nice if you could have all weekend off! Cross my fibgers that the collegue will swap with you!
Those deer look so beautiful. Ah, you are blessed you have them rathr near to you.
The little planters are really cute, don;t know what is growing in it, but it looks a kind of grass?
Take your time to play with Pogo a bit in the garden, if weather allows it. We should take advantage of every day, weather is playing "nice"with us!
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

I hope the Mrs. behaves herself! You are a true hero caring for someone in this way. Often people are either very kind or very grumpy! I will pray for you and hope you get some good resat on the weekend. Love the photos, deer look so kind and gentle.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

I hope you got those 2 days off, it is great when you can have a good working relationship with others and I hope things go well with the Mrs, but sometimes when age and certain illnesses progress their temperaments do do and not so easy to control or care for. HUGS!!