Monday, April 21, 2014

'Tis Another Beautiful Spring Day

April 21, 2014

Good morning.  The sky is beginning to lighten up so that day can begin, and in about an hour and a half I can go home to my little guy.  Both of my shifts this weekend have been pretty good, with the Mrs behaving fairly well.  Hmmm, it might have been because she knew that the Easter Bunny would not leave her any goodies if she were not behaving.  Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, topped off by a magnificent ham dinner cooked by our lady dwarf, Helen.  It ended up with almost all the dwarfs changing plans and staying home, so dinner was quite lively with all of us there. 

I want to share a pretty photo that I took through the trees here at work Saturday evening as the sun was going down.  The colors in the sky were simply gorgeous.  Isn't this pretty?


Last night when I first got to work, I noticed a family of deer in the field across the street.  Of course, I had to grab my camera and take some photos.  I just love watching these deer.



.....I just had to take a short break to go and tend to the Mrs.  Now she is back in bad all comfy, and on her way back to sleep. 

Either today or tomorrow, Pogo and I will take a trip to the Post Office to mail our box.  It all depends on how tired I am later this morning.  I would like to do it today.  This way, we have a great excuse to swing by a new garden center that I found the other day and check out what  they have.

Last night I put a few more rows on the green afghan.  Hopefully I can have this one finished up in the next two or three weeks.  I'm anxious to try making a hooded scarf, and I already have the yarn for it.  Maybe after I retire, I'll get me another sewing machine and try making a quilt.  We'll see.

Well, I must go now.  I want to catch up with a few of my favorite blogs while it is quiet here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

It is so nice to read your cheery words ... it has been a few days and I miss your upbeat posts. Your sunset picture is beutiful ... and colorful, as you said. Nice to have the clean spring air again that allows us to see all that beauty. I saw a huge herd of deer over the weekend. I have pictures and will share them, but I was further away than you, so not sure if there will be any close ups. The white tail deer have such pretty little faces ... I just love them.

Izzi and I had a grand time in Ohio and came back completely pooped, but in a good way. Our agility group is so much fun ... lots of kidding and laughing, all good for the spirit. We had Easter Candy and treats to munch on while we were running our dogs ... It was nice and the weather was beautiful. We sure did enjoy ourselves. But, now back to reality and much to do. Problem is I strained my hamstring and have to be careful not to make it worse. I have a ton of yard work to do and the weather is finally warm and dry enough for me to be able to get started ... though it is supposed to rain here this afternoon.

My FH did a lot of work in my daughters room and my son came over and started moving her things up. I missed all of that action (can't say I am sorry because it was hard work) and I am greatful for all that they accomplished. This is going to be a very busy summer. Now that the weather is nice we have to start "spring cleaning". I would love to skip it because cleaning is not my thing, but we have so many windows that need a good scrubbing and I have to say clean windows accomodates my photography habit. So there's my incentive ... which is what I need to get my bu__in gear. You have a nice day and enjoy your new garden place ... I love doing that too. My problem is I have filled most of my gardens with perennials and have no place to add new flowers ... unless, of course, they didn't make it through this horrible winter. I think I did lose my butterfly bush ... we will see. I will give it some time to show up, but it looks pretty croaked. I have to go back and read up ... I am way behind in the blogging world and busy here at home too ... hmmmm. Well, we all know what's important ... Blogging of course :) Have a great day, Edna ...and a tired Izzi sends her regards to Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

So the Easter Bunny is almost as powerful as Santa?? ;) I’m glad The Mrs had a good weekend for you!

The Ham dinner sounds wonderful! Yes, that’s because I’m a ham-nut, but ham is always wonderful for a holiday dinner! I made a meatloaf while David was at work for us. He is a big meatloaf fan!

Have fun finding trouble at the garden center!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh, that photo of the sky is beautiful!
Lovely to hear the Mrs behaved fairly well, probably you are right it was because of the Eater Bunny LOL!
Oh if you go to the post office it will be a dangerous trip.
All because you found another garden centre hahahaha!
But it's so nice to look around in those places, isn;t it?
OMG, you have lots of plans there!
First finishing the green afghan, then wanting to make a hooded scarf, and perhaps later a sweing machine to make a quilt.
I almost finished part 4 of the throw over, think I will need to do another one, hmmmm, decisions to make about the stitch again.
Okay, you first take a little nap coming home and then try not to get into too much mischief ROFL.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

It's always fun to watch the deer, especially when there are fawns...they love to run and play.