Friday, April 18, 2014

Magnificent Orange And Spring Green

April 18, 2014

Good morning.  It's sort of half and half sunny and cloudy with temps in the 40's today.  Tomorrow the warmer temps are supposed to be back.  I do hope so because all these new flowers need to be put into the ground.

Speaking of new flowers, I went food shopping yesterday afternoon, and guess what I found there?  A pot of simply gorgeous orange tulips!  Well, you know I had to have them.  They are such a happy, vibrant color and will be just stunning coming up every year in my garden.


Yesterday morning, Pogo and I went in search of Jo-Ann's, that fabric and craft store that was somewhere in the Mall.  We found it, and I found some wicked nice yarn.  While we were checking out, the cashier told me that they have a huge store in Attleboro, MA that carries a huge yarn inventory.  Hmmm, I see a trip to Attleboro coming up in the near future.

Last night, I tried some of the new yarn on the green afghan, and oh my!  This is going to be such a happy afghan.  But of course!  The main color is Spring Green, and Spring is a happy season!


I checked my email this morning, and I see that my friend Kyra has sent me a huge list of web sites with free afghan patterns.  I will check these out after I finish posting here.  It looks like I'm going to busy for quite some time. 

Time has been slipping by quickly lately, and I'm running out of time to get my Easter eggs decorated.  I'm not doing baskets for the dwarfs, just eggs.  Most all of them will be leaving in the morning to spend the day with their families.

I'm hoping that sometime soon, DIL can go with me to a particular camera store so that I can check out the new Tamron lenses.  If I find something that I think needs to be in my camera bag, I have to start now being nice to Santa.  Or maybe if I drop enough hints, Pogo will get it for me.  Hmmmm, it's something to think about!

Today I really should do something about getting some of the dust bunnies to move out.  They are starting to take over too much of my space.  We had a deal to respect each other's space, and they are not keeping up their end of the bargain.  It's time to suck up a few bunnies!

On that note, I'll take my leave.  The sooner I run the vacuum, the sooner I can play with yarn.  So, till Sunday, Y'all smile and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Debby said...

That's really pretty yarn. I want to start crocheting.
I hope I warms up a little for you. We keep getting sunshine but it's still a bit on the cool side. For awhile this afternoon it was really warm. I watched two of the grands downtown in our village while there Mama signed a lease on her new business. I don't know if there was college tours going on or what but the little town was hopping with people. Happy Easter to you and Pogo. Does he have bunny ears?

Edna B said...

No, he doesn't have bunny ears. Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that! Happy Easter to you and your family too. Hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

That green yarn looks fabulous! It will be a very happy looking afghan when finished.
Great tulips too, and as I know you like orange a lot, this must vbe a real treat for you!
I dealt with some dust bunnies already Thursday, so I hope they can stay away for a few days LOL.
Hope you will find a nice stitch for the next afghan on one of the websites. I admit, some of the afghans did start me drooling, weather they were knitted or chrocheted!
Have a happy Easter.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Your afghan looks very bright and cheerful. I love using bright colors to add a little warmth and joy into the home as well. Have a good weekend hunting for more yarn.

Kathy said...

Oh, your afghan is so pretty! I love that colorful stripe you added.

Love your tulips too. I've never seen orange ones. I'll have to go looking for them.