Thursday, April 3, 2014

It's Beginning To Feel Like Spring

April 03, 2014

Good morning.  It's a beautiful day outside my window, and in a couple of hours Pogo and I will head out to do a couple of errands.  While we're out maybe we can take a ride to the park to see what is happening there. 

I dug into my photo archives for photos from this week last year.  This first photo shows the beautiful Easter Lily plant that we had on our plant table.  So far this year I have seen no Spring plants in any of the stores.  No lilies, no tulips, etc.  Hopefully the stores will have them soon because Easter is only a couple of weeks away.


This week last year, Pogo and I went to the park to take photos of the ducks and geese.  The pond was filled with life.  Hopefully today there will be a lot of these beautiful birds today and I can get some new photos.
 
 
This last photo was taken this week last year through the kitchen window while I was at work.  The one thing I will miss about not working days is all the beautiful birds right outside the Mrs' windows.


Today the temperature should be in the mid 50'sF, and pretty soon Joe and I can go out in the yard to start the Spring clean up.  I think it's time now that I can dig out my new planters and fill them with soil and seeds.  Goodness me, I can hardly wait.  This is my season to blossom.  Well, if you can call getting outside a bit more blossoming, then yup, that's me.

I also have a couple of new decorative garden birds to stick into the gardens once they are cleaned up a bit.  Last year, I bought some bird houses that I want to put outside this week too.  I'll have to take some photos of all these wonderful new yard goodies.

Joe and I usually plant some tomatoes and maybe one other veggie.  This year a couple of the other dwarfs want to plant some veggies too.  So maybe we'll have us a lot of gorgeous veggies this year.  Oh my, I can hardly wait.  Any wonder why I love Spring the best?

Last night after supper, Janet and I pigged out on some wickedly awesome desserts.  Cream Puffs and Chocolate Eclairs!  My daughter in law really knows how to do up wicked in a fabulous way.  Oh my, by they were ever so tasty!  Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Well, now that I have you drooling, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I love the photo of the goose - it reminds me of a symphony conductor.

Now I need to go and bake something for at least find some chocolate somewhere...seems I have a craving for sweets after reading your blog.

Nani said...

Oh yum! M6y Aunt is the family cream puff maker. I haven't had her pastries in so long! (My aunt, uncle and cousins moved to Italy in the early 80s) Now I want a cream puff. :P

We have more rain tomorrow and then we actually expect sun and warmer for Saturday and Sunday, then rain again, but a reprieve for the weekend. WOW!

I hope you and Pogo found some great stuff to photo today!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Lovely that the weather is improving and yes, it makes you itch to do something in the garden. What a nice thing, that some swarfs want to plant some veggies! It's suhch a fn to actually eat your own grown veggies, the taste is so much better too.
Oh, yummie, eclairs!!!!!!!!!!
You made me drool!!!!
Have a nice day and I hope you will make it to the parc, and that there will be some great photos for you to take.
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

I love your photos. We walk and run at a local rec center area. They have two man made ponds and the fowl is fun to watch! I like to go early in the summer around 5:30 A.M. and listen to the frogs! I love watching the birds too.
My mom made the very best cream puffs ever! They were called St. Josephs Cream Puffs and she used real cream and I can close my eyes and taste them! Sigh! Have a good Sunday! Hugs, Anne