Tuesday, April 1, 2014

HAPPY APRIL 2014!!

April 1, 2014

Good morning, and Happy April!  The sun is shining, and the temperature is supposed to get up around 50 F degrees.  I can absolutely dig this!  I'm thinking that today is going to be a very good day.  And, today I'm going to try out the new harness that I bought for Pogo.  If it fits good and he can't wiggle out of it, he'll be able to be outside more often. 

I've been wanting a fenced in play yard on the side of my house for Pogo, and I think it will be at the top of my "Spring To Do" list this year.  Now that the weather is beginning to warm up we will be able to try out the new play yard tent that I bought for Pogo last year.  I can't wait to see how this works out. 

Yesterday I did not do much of anything, just rested a lot.  After a weekend of very little sleep, my Mondays are pretty well shot.  But I did get a burst of energy last evening, and was able to put several more rows on my new afghan.  I hope my hands hold out because there are a few more projects that I would like to start (and finish) including a couple more afghans. 

Today I just have to share some very funny images that friends have shared with me.  This is 50 year old Barbie.  If I could find her at the toy store, I would buy her for my doll collection.


And this is a 60 year old Superman.  Hmmm, I think maybe he should give up smoking!
 Tweety Bird is also 60 years old.  He appears to be balding, and in need of some cheering up.


And let's not forget Batman and Robin.  Here they are at play in the nursing home where they are now living. 
                                                                                          
I also want to post the April page from this year's calendar.


I'm going to have to start early setting aside photos for next year's calendar.  It will make it so much easier for me in the Fall when I am busy trying to put together the calendar for 2015. 

Before I take my leave for today, I want to share something wonderful.  Last week, I bought some new chicken flavored chewy strips for Pogo in hopes that he might be tempted to try chewing (licking) them.  So far, I have tried just about every product on the market, but with no teeth or jaw it is difficult for him to gnaw on these chewies.  TADA!!  Today he finally decided to give this new chewy a try.  You just don't know how happy this makes me!

Well that's enough of my babbling for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Oh I love the cartoons! I think I'd buy the Barbie too; I actually think I look better than she does at 50! lol

I think, I hope, that the spring weather is here and the frigid weather is gone for a while now. We all deserve badges for surviving the winter this year! We're looking into kitty-chews for Marco because he just loves chewing, well, chewing EVERYTHING!

Enjoy the sunshine!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh, you sound all cheerful! I really hope you can tr out the tent for Pogo, and yes, good idea to make a fenced playyard for him. And good news about the little guy, that he liked the new treats!
And you are planning some more craft work, like some more afghans, LOL!
It's nice to have something to do, and I can;t wait till my throw over will be ready to start a new thing, grin.
You have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra