Saturday, March 8, 2014

Missing The Girls Already

March 8, 2014

It's a gorgeous day here in sunny Florida.  It's a little sad right now because the girls have already left to begin the trip back home.  Gosh, I miss them already.  Here's one of the photos I took of them just before they drove off.


I know I wasn't going to blog on Saturdays, but it is one of the few things that this sucky internet and notebook laptop are letting me do.  I think half of my problems with the internet is my little laptop.  It's just not behaving like it should.  However, this is vacation, and I'm not about to let either the internet or this wicked little laptop get the best of me. 

Yesterday we drove all over this part of Florida looking for ponds and water birds.  Well, let me tell you, Florida has fenced off all the ponds so there is no access to a lot of these ponds unless you pay to go in them or you stay at a park or resort that is close to the pond.  We did see a few water birds, but they were too far away to photograph.

That's not to say that we did not find things to take photos of.  We found some beautiful orange trees growing along a field and pulled over so that Wanda could go pick us all a snack.  Here's a fun shot that I took.  Hmm, that tree trunk looks sort of like Wanda's legs!


We found some very interesting things as we drove around, but I'll save those photos for tomorrow.   On our way back to the condo, we stopped by Orange World, and the flea market.   At Orange World, Wanda bought a little orange tree plant to take home; and at the flea market, we picked up some fresh fruit.  At home, Wanda made us a huge bowl of fruit filled with pineapple, strawberries, oranges and grapefruit.  Oh yum yum!  Here's the bowl of fruit (in the sink) before the oranges and grapefruit were put in.  Doesn't this look great?


Yesterday, Kyra sent me another gorgeous layout that I just have to share.  I absolutely love this.  Doesn't it look like Pogo is actually telling his sad tale of woes to Wanda?


I have more photos and another beautiful layout to share but you'll have to come back tomorrow to see them.  Pogo is out on the porch barking at folks walking by.  I guess I'll have to close the patio door unless I'm out there with him to keep him quiet.

I also want to tell you that if you don't get any comments on your blog from me, it's because of this wicked laptop and the internet.  I'll definitely get caught up with blog comments when I get back home.  Even my emails are not right.  I can't send any attachments with them.  Ah well, I'll live!

Daughter in law, Janet, will be arriving here in the next two or three hours.  Maybe we can find some more fun mischief to get into this upcoming week.  Okay, that's it for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

that is such a cute photo of Pogo...I can almost hear him telling his woeful tale of hitting the glass door.

smiekeltje said...

What a pity you couldn;t reach most of the ponds, these things should be free to be at!
Still you had an interesting trip(great pic of Wanda and the ornage tree LOL), and yes, sad the girls left already. Good thing is that soon Janet will be there.
Also pity you have such bad internet, but hey, you are right, it;s not worth the trouble getting upset about it, you are on holiday, so who cares if it takes longer to surf the net( or even not at all).
You have a nice moment sitting at your veranda for a while, till Janet arrives.
Till next time!
Hugs
Kyra