Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Woo Hoo!! A Mini Warm Wave!!

February 19, 2014

Good morning from sunny New England.  We are beginning a "mini warm wave" here with temps in the 40's F to 50.  It's only for a few days, but I am going to enjoy it.  Pogo and I might even venture out to the park to check out the ducks while it is warm.  Now that will definitely be nice!

Well, I'm down to the last day to make sure I have all my tax stuff in order because tomorrow I have to take it all to the accountant.  Phew!!  I am so glad to be at the end of this mess!  If only I could teach myself to be better organized about this stuff.  Ah well, they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  I'm the old dog, and I'm not into new tricks!!

I have some birthdays coming up that I have to prepare for so that I might be on time.  Hmmm, that might be a new trick for me!  So, now I'm making up a "To Do" list so that everything gets done.  I'm famous for my lists.  Usually I spend a lot of time making the list, then within a short time, it will go missing.  Somehow, I will manage to get all the things on the missing list done anyway. 

Yesterday, we got a bunch more snow.  Some forecasters said we would get 1 or 2 inches, others said we would get close to 5 inches.  The 1 to 2 inch guys must have been sampling that newly legal medical marijuana weed because we got closer to the 5 inches.  Before Joe came home two of the dwarfs went out and shoveled the whole driveway.



Our driveway is really large, but they got it all done before Joe got home.  What a nice surprise for Joe!   Our little birds were hungry and were coming to the feeder while the dwarfs were shoveling.  Here's one cute little wren who did not mind that people were around.  He was going to eat and that was all that mattered.


I've been watching the Jewelry TV channel all morning.  Gosh, some of the stuff is just gorgeous!  Some jewelry, though, is so over-designed.  But I love watching and seeing all the new gems and designs.   Aren't these gorgeous?  The first ring is Amethyst and White Topaz.  The second ring is Ember Flame Feldspar and Andalusite.   Jewels fit for royalty!



I just got a call that the oxygen test that I took the other night did not work.  There was no information on the tape at all.  Huh?  Now they want to bring the machine back and have me do the test over again.  Well, I have to get up early tomorrow, so the re-test will have to wait until tomorrow night.  I did not get very much sleep the night I took the last test.

Now I think I'll get busy here and try to get a few things accomplished.  Woo Hoo!  Another new trick for this old dog!!  lol.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.
 
 


4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I have a feeling this transition to Spring is going to be rough. Last night our temperatures dropped again so all of the melted water laying around was ice this morning. It was tricky getting Izzi out to take care of business. She doesn't seem to have a problem, but I was slip sliding all over... The last thing I wsnt to do is fall, ugh! It is supposed to get warmer again tomorrow ... so warm that the big snow storm they had predicted is now supposed to be a big rain storm ( we will see who is smoking the marijuana on our weather stations). A rain storm could be a disaster here because there is no place for the water to go. We will see, but I know anyone living along the rivers in the area are in for a nasty experience. Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as it sounds.

For Christmas my daughter gave me a dinner out so we are going out tonight to the Crab House ... yummm! I love seafood and yes, I know I am on my Switerland diet, but I may have to forgo it for tonight ... Crab and free, two things I can't pass up :)

This will be a long day for me. This afternoon I take my daughter to therapy, then we will go out to dinner. Then Izzi has class which we never want to miss because we have so much fun. I will be pooped by tonight. Well, I have a little orange furball meowing at me ... he wants hie morning rubbies so I had better go. He does't give up so I have to succumb. You have a wonderful day, Edna and I hope you do make it out to the park. The fresh air is wonderful for you :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Anonymous said...

Edna, I am a list maker -- sometimes spending more time on the minutia and less time doing. . .but I make my lists on the computer -- then I can prioritize, print out, revise etc.
I even keep master lists for groceries and household stuff and when it is time to go shopping I copy the file to a new version and then I can delete items I don't need or add new ones and print & take with me. Also the computer works for me because my handwriting has become very shaky (due to meds) and typing is easier.
Donna

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Morning Miss Edna and Pogo...so glad you are having a couple of lovely days ahead that maybe you both can get out a bit...being couped up all the time is not healthy (note to self to get out more...LOL) I did do that yesterday and again this morning since we awoke to 62 degrees at 5 a.m.
I bet you are getting antsy to take your trip, with all you have to do, the time will fly for you and you will think you will forget or miss something, but you most likely will not.
Love your photos of the snow and the little wren, I so enjoy watching these feral cats outside watching my birds come in to feed, they don't chase or mess with them, just sit and watch them like I do. I have to get a bird bath this summer, the one that was out front last year broke in to two pieces...I love watching them play in the water.
Oh, well, gotta chase some of those darn dust bunnies away and get my lunch snacks ready for the Olympics at 2, so gonna just hush and say have a terrific day. Hugs to you and Pogo! :)

smiekeltje said...

Congratulations on the end of all that tax stuff. Got last needed paper today too, so I can copy some of the stuff and then send it to the accountant. Hopefully I didn;t forget something!
I almost never make a TO DO list, it doesn;t really work for me. Or I loose it(like yours) or I just forget to look on it, or I have, for some unclear reason, to change plans. LOL.
But.. in the end I got all done, we are good, do'nt'you think?????
Enjoy the few days you will have with the much nicer temperatures. Might be goo idea to take a little trip.
Oh my, aweful you will have to do the oxygen test again. Why there have to be always things that don;t work according schedule and plan???
Indeed a wonderful surprise for Joe, that the drive way had been cleared already! Hoorraay for the dwarfs.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra