Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowstorm Nika Bringing Lots Of Snow

February 5, 2014

Good morning (although it is almost noon).  Last night I fell asleep early and did not awaken till around midnight, and then was awake the rest of the night.  As long as I was awake, I put a few more inches on the pink thing and watched a couple of Law And Order re-runs. 

Snowstorm Nika started here about 4:30 a.m.  It started right in with a steady heavy snow and hasn't stopped yet.  I had hopes of getting a mail delivery this morning, and put my bills out in the mailbox around 6 a.m.  Unfortunately, the snow plows came by and plowed all the snow in to the front of my driveway.  When the driveway is blocked, the mail does not get delivered. 

I took these photos about an hour and a half ago.  This is what has fallen in six hours.  There is about seven or eight inches of new snow, and it will be snowing most of the day into tonight. 





Before I went back to bed this morning, I found a wonderful gift in my email.  Kyra has made me a gorgeous scrap page featuring Pogo.   She used her newest kit "Peacocks Pride", and a beautiful frame that Arlene made from the kit.  The colors in this kit are wonderful, and Pogo looks so very proud of himself.  Kyra, this is awesome.  Thank you so much.


Today I need to get busy and start working on my taxes.  Oh yuk yuk!!  Alas, it must be done.  My accountant called me this morning to remind me that my appointment with him is in two weeks.  So soon?  Ah well, it needs to be done before I can go on vacation.  So, as soon as Pogo and I are finished with lunch, I will get started on this dreaded task. 

That's about all the news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I can't even say that snow is pretty anymore - and I sure can't imagine living in it again. I hope when it's time to come off the road we've found some place warmer to land.

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, again lots of snow and not nice of the guys to put all the snow they collected with the shovel, in front of your entree.
Hmmmm, taxes, yak, soon I must collect all things for it too. Hate this period of the year LOL.
Well, you better stay in then, try to get done as soon as possible that tax stuff, and then enjoy the day with Pogo.
We are expecting some rain today and there is a pretty stron wind blowing, so I will stay in today too, I guess.
Hugs
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Love the scrapbooking page! Pogo is so regal. He looks like a little prince. Kyra is quite the talented one. Love the colors she used. Veyr lovely.