Thursday, October 31, 2013

WOO HOO, RED SOX !!!!!!!!!

October 31, 2013

Did you watch the game?  Did you, did you?  Om my, God Bless those Red Sox!!!!!  They brought it on home after a long wait of 95 years!!!!!  Last time we won the Series right here in our own playing field was back in 1918.  They worked hard for this win, and they so deserve it.  Go Red Sox!!!

Good morning.  It's only 5:30 a.m., but it's just as well that I got up early this morning.  I have such a busy day ahead today.  I have an appointment (thank goodness) at the nail salon this morning.  I should have gone last week or the week before, but well life got in my way.  However, my nails break easy, and  right now they look horrid.  So this appointment is an absolute must. 

I also have to go to the Registry Of Motor Vehicles and get my drivers license renewed.  I had planned on doing that a couple of weeks ago, but alas, that too got moved over due to life events.  The Town Clerk called me yesterday to remind me that I needed to get in there and re-apply for my (widow of) Veteran's tax benefit so that I don't lose it.  I'm so glad she called because I had forgotten all about it.

On my way home from one of these errands, I must stop in at the Post Office and mail a package and buy my Christmas stamps.  Somewhere in between all that and food shopping later this afternoon, I was hoping to fit in a little nap. 

Tonight's a big night for Pogo and me.  My broom is all fired up and anxious to go on our big ride tonight.  Pogo has been practicing his flying skills (staying on the broom without falling off)  with the local gulls and morning doves.  He's so tiny though, that he will ride up front of me to make sure he doesn't fall off the back of the broom if a wind picks up anywhere in our travels. 

Some of you may not believe that I ride a broom, but I've been doing this for many many years.  Just ask anyone who knows me.  Ask my sons in law.  They will tell you!! 

Our hats and capes arrived back from the shop yesterday.  I had sent them out to have everything recoated with a waterproof finish.  Thank goodness for that spark of intelligence on my part because rain is expected tonight for here and in many places around the world.  At least it will be fairly warm (in the 50's) tonight when we get ready for take off.

I am so looking forward to meeting up with a lot of my friends tonight.  So, folks, if it's not too cloudy overhead where you live, don't forget to look up to the sky tonight and wave if you see us.  I'll definitely wave back.  I did finish my greeting card to all of you, thanks for a beautiful free background that I found on the web.


So, that's it for this morning.  Tomorrow, I will try to have a tutorial ready for posting on how to change/replace colors in your photos.  Till then, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy Halloween to you and Pogo!
Today was the official closing of my boss's office so now I have to move boxes and boxes and boxes to storage, but the day to day grind is over and I am looking at retirement for sure! Sad and elated at the same time. We have been working together for 26 years and hopefully our friendship will continue after all this!
So glad you got your windows in before winter sets in, hope it helps with the heating!
Yeah, I did watch part of the game, I was talking with my sister in Illinois during the runs in the 3rd inning that started the night off! So happy they kept the momentum going for a Strongest Boston! Congrats to all of you up there!
We should be able to see you fly over tonight, it will be very clear and in the 70's here tonight so don't forget to wave at me and all the kitties...gonna have most of them inside, especially the darkest ones to keep them safe!
Chat more next time, thanks for the lovely card btw! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

I love the image of you and Pogo on the broom flying through the sky - how sweet!

I just knew the Red Sox would pull it off! I stayed up with Pete to cheer them on.

smiekeltje said...

Congrats on the win of the Red Sox. I believe it is even a tiny little bit due to a Dutch player in the team?!
we waved at you yesterday evening very late LOL!
You are very skilled in flying the broom ROFL
Love your Halloween card !

well, despite of your busy day I hope you can squeeze in a little nap. Think you deserve that with all the errands you will have to do.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra