Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It Was A Fabulous Day For A Picnic

October 1, 2013

Good morning.  Wow, the morning is almost gone.  Pogo and I are getting a late start today.  So who cares?  Monday was a day to rest and catch up on some sleep, but being over-tired, sleep was not coming so easily.  But now I'm ready to get started on this new day.

As you know, Pogo and I went to the annual picnic for the rescue agency where I got Pogo from.  I learned one valuable lesson.  Next year (if I'm still working) I will re-schedule my work hours so that I am not sandwiching the picnic in between two twelve hour shifts.  It was such a fun day, and there were so many nice folks and gorgeous fur babies to meet.

The weather Sunday was absolutely gorgeous.  The sun was shining and it was warm.  A really great day to be outside.  I have to tell you, I had never been to the park where the picnic was held, and I am excited to go back again.  It was simply beautiful.  Off in the distance, there was a magnificent building, the Ames Mansion.  Yesterday I learned that they give tours of the mansion, so I am looking forward to seeing more of this wonderful place.


My Tootsie was a Chinese Crested Powderpuff  (a Crested born with hair), but I had never had the opportunity to meet up with a regular Crested.  At the picnic, there were two absolutely gorgeous Chinese Cresteds, and I just had to take their photo.  Aren't these two kids just simply gorgeous??


I've also never seen a "Party Colored" Poodle before, and there were two of them at the picnic.  Wow, look at this gorgeous doggie!!!


Pogo and I also met two of the tiniest poodles, and fell in love.   The teeniest one would have fit into my pants pocket if her mommy wasn't looking.  But her mommy was keeping close tabs on her.  The other little one, Lily, was in the process of maybe being adopted.    My goodness, she was just so adorable.  Have a lookee.  Isn't this just the cutest little bundle of fur ever??


While we were there, I'm sure Pogo sniffed most every blade of grass in the vicinity of the picnic area, and left his signature in enough places to make sure that everyone knew he was there.  He was in heaven.  So many doggies to meet, so little time!

There were a lot of raffles and a Bingo game for fund raising, and lots of vendor tents. I won $25 playing the Bingo game.  At one tent, I found a new brand of dog food and was given a can to take home and try.  Well, let me tell you, Pogo ate it all up.  Yesterday we went looking for the pet store that sold the food and bought a whole bag of it.

In this morning's mail I got a nice surprise.  Pogo's foster mother had taken a couple of photos of Pogo and me with her phone and sent them to me.  In this one, Pogo was squirming because I picked him up while he was trying to mingle.  He's saying "Put me down Mom.  There's more doggies to sniff and meet!"


Well that's about it for this morning's chit chat.  Last night's dishes are in the sink waiting to be washed, and the vacuum cleaner needs a good workout.  Some new flower bulbs that I had ordered have arrived so maybe later this afternoon Joe will plant them in the garden. 

It's a great day to be to out in the yard, and Pogo and I are looking forward to spending some time outdoors this afternoon.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my Goodness ... I admire your ability to resist. If I had gone to a picnic like that I would probably have come home with puppies sticking out of every pocket. They are all beautiful and, nice to see, well cared for. What a wonderful day for you and Pogo ... even though you were tired.

Our weather is cool and beautiful. I am going to try mowing the grass later today. I may have to do it in sections because my hand aches when I even just push a grocery cart. I don't remember having this much problem with my right hand when I had it done ... but it is what it is. At least the neuropathy is gone and I can sleep at night.

I had a wonderful weekend ... I met Jane Goodall and she is such a beautiful, friendly, kind person ... she reminded me so much of my mother ... I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful experience it was. There were others there too, equally as accomplished in world conservation. At times like this, I wish I wasn't old so I could go out and do conservation work with them. Anyway, I will probably post something about the Gala soon, if I ever find time to put it together. Izzi and I are headed to Ohio again this weekend for another wonderful "in the country" Agility Trial. Busy, Busy, Busy ... I am thinking that is a good thing. But, like you, sometimes it is tiring. You and Pogo go out and enjoy this day, Edna.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Yesterday was big dog day for us. When we took Marco to see his doctor for his final round of kitten shots a lady was there with a little 2-month old tuxedo cat she'd just gotten from a shelter. It made 4-month old Marco look big!

Then on the way out it was "Who let the dogs in?" A man was leaving with a very excited large dog with a bark big enough to rattle the rafters at the clinic. David took Marco out to the car while we waited a couple minutes to pay the bill because it frightened him. Right after that big dog left, a lady from the shelter brought in an even bigger dog with a very sweet disposition. He was blind, but got around well. They put him on the scale; 80 pounds! Pogo could go for a ride on his back! (So not to get stepped on!)

I'm a little envious of the picnic! They could never do that with cats because they aren't nearly as social! (Okay, cats aren't social with each other at all when they meet!) For cats, we picnic together and bring pictures of our furbabies. :)

You have more sun than we do today so you and Pogo enjoy!

Hugs, Nani

Debby said...

what a sweet picture of you and Pogo. He's a cutie. He kinda looks like Miley with his tongue out.....only kidding, I couldn't resist hah.

smiekeltje said...

Wow, you and Pogo had a terrific day! And it was great the weather played along too. All those doggies are just adorable.
Added to that that you had never been into that park before and it looks to be a great one, it was a well spent day.
That mansion looks interesting too, I am curious to see some of the inside.
Hopefully it will be allowed to take photos when you decide to take the tour.

Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

Fun for all.... especially Pogo! Love the pic of you holding him:)