Thursday, October 10, 2013

Falling Leaves And Memories

October 10/ 2013

Good morning.  So far, it's another beautiful morning, sunny and cool.  The weatherman says that the clouds will roll in though, and maybe bring us a shower or two.  Not to fret, we'll just enjoy the sun while we have it.

I'm watching the Weather Channel (what else is new?)  and they are showing some of the Fall colors in other areas.  They are just awesome!   Here's a photo that I took one cloudy morning on my home from work..  Even without sunshine, the colors are gorgeous.


We also have an abundance of fallen leaves along the roadsides and in all the yards.  All it takes is a bit of a breeze and the leaf shower begins.  This photo was taken on a breezy day at work.


Seeing all the fallen leaves on the ground brings back memories of when my brother and I were just little kids walking to grammar school.  Kicking the leaves as we walked was a form of amusement for kids back then.  What can I say?  Life was just so much simpler back in the days when I was a kid.

I have another fabulous scrap page to share.  Upon opening my email this morning, I found this wonderful gift from my friend Kyra.  Isn't this just the cutest?  The kit used was Kyra's "Dreams Of Boys", which you can find on her blog if you scroll back to September 11.  Big hugs, Kyra, and thank you so much for the big smile this morning.


This year I missed out on World Photo Walk Day, which was on October 5.  Life has kept me pretty busy these past few months.  But I'm looking forward to participating next year. 

At the moment, there are several little birds, mostly sparrows, peeking in my living room window.  They are trying to let me know that the bird feeder is empty, and that they are wanting some more food.  I'll take a bowlful of peanuts out with me and sprinkle them on  the ground.  The Blue Jays and  the chipmunks really like these. 

There's not much for news today.  I think Pogo and I will just enjoy today as a quiet day before heading back to work tomorrow.  So, on that thought, I will get dressed and head outside with the bird food.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Those autumn colors are stunning! I'm sure I could find some great ones too, but then I should take a rather big trip to one of the parks and I don;t think it will come to that, yet.
Good you have another day to relax a bit, before going to work again.
You make it a fun day and take care!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I have fond memories of creating little houses out of the fallen leaves, and creating piles to jump in. Back then you could burn them in the gutter and fall still brings with it the smell of those burning leaves. You're right...it was a simpler time then.