Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A New Play Yard For Pogo

October 9, 2013

Good morning.  Oh my, I got to sleep right through for a huge chunk of hours.  I opened my peepers once and looked at the clock.  It said 5:05, so I closed my eyes and never opened them again until 9:15 a.m.  Mmm, mmm, mmm! 

This was possible, thanks to the Potty Patch and a peaceful mind.  That Potty Patch was one of my best investments.  For those of you who do not know what it is, it is the equivalent to a litter box.  It's a little patch of grass for your doggie.  Not only does it let me sleep late, but I don't have to go out in bad weather or late at night.

 Believe me, my little Pogo likes it very much too.  He's not crazy about walking on soggy wet ground, or trying to find just the right place in the pouring rain.  This is not a paid commercial, just some helpful info being passed on to anyone else it might help.

Yesterday afternoon, Pogo's play yard tent arrived, and oh my it is much roomier than I thought.  I think he is really going to enjoy this.  I realize that the tag says it is for cats, but Pogo is smaller than cats, so it should be just right for him.  This is a photo of the tag.


The Queen Jester has one of these play yard tents for her cats, and has posted photos on her blog.  So this is where I got the idea from.  After that, it just a matter of spending a little time on the internet to find out where to buy one. 

I've been too busy lately to go out shooting photos, so I went into my archives to find some fun ones to share here.  I have here some photos of early morning gatherings of our feathered friends.  In the first two photos, they are calling out to gather all their family members together. (I think)  These birds were quite a distance away in a tree top.



In this next photo, some little birds have gathered to sit on the tree branches and soak up some of the warm sunshine.


There's really not much news for today, so I think I'll get dressed and start this beautiful new day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

I’ve stopped by and read but not commented for the last 2 days. I haven’t been spying and not stopping for coffee, more like looking and waving as I passed while running errands. :)

Your Monday orange photos are great, even if not artistically altered; some things are just God’s masterpieces on their own. I also just love orange and purple together!

Little Marco always wants to go outside. He was born in a more rural area and it wasn’t as dangerous as the outskirts of the city with one of our busier streets just a driveway away! Our street’s pretty busy too. Maybe Marco could use a backyard tent? You must get some pictures of Pogo when he’s in it!

Back to scrapbook work for me; one layout left and September this year is done! :) (I’ll be blogging about that later)

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, we will see how Pogo likes his little tent. I know it will be nice for him to be able to be out in it ... but, I am thinking that if you are on the outside of the tent and he is on the inside ... he may not like it so well. But, if you need to run in the house for a few minutes and don't have a sitter ... perfect. I should think about getting one for my kitties. They all think they would like to go out and would probably enjoy the fresh air. Chachi, however, would probably go bonkers if anything moved that he could see ... even a flying leaf would probably terrify him. I can see the little tent becoming shreds in moments ... Diva on the other hand, would love it and would probably start immediately trying to find a way out. She is a huntress and would like nothing better than to have at it with my birds. I will look forward to some picture reports on Pogo and the tent :)

Your crows are for sure talking to each other. They carry on conversations here all of the time. It would be cool to know what they are saying, but since they seem to know, that is all that mantters.

I cut my lawn this afternoon and my hand felt fine the whole time ... but now that I am in, I am starting to feel it stiffen up and ache. I think it is just going to take time for it to get it's strength back. Fingers crossed.

My friend is giving me some Hollyhocks so I need to go out and see if I can find a good place for them. Better look them up and see if they need full sun or shade or what. I have never grown Hollyhocks, but I remember them from when I was growing up ...loved them then, so I am sure I will love them now. You have a wonderful rest of you day, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

That tent for Pogo looks great! And yeah, you're right, if it is good enough for cats, why not for Pogo, being the same size LOL!
Perhaps it might be even nicer for him if you remove a part of the grounddeck, but leave an edge. So he has the feeling of the grass under his paws, also better for the grass, and Pogo can do his pipi ( if he does that on the deck, it stays there, not comfy).
Don;t know if the tent has pins or so to fasten it into the round, may be it is heavy enough it doesn;t move when Pogo gets enthusiastic and jumps at the net?
But it looks great and you can put it up anywhere!
Looking forward to photos if you decide to buy it!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

You got a tent for Pogo! I'll bet he loves it, I know my cats sure do. They like it when there's nice grass underneath since it pokes through and they can chew on it. But if the terrain is not so nice then I put a large picnic tablecloth underneath it, wrong side up to keep them clean. Putting the smooth side down makes it easier to clean off.
I tried Gracie on the leash going for a walk yesterday and she really liked it. I do believe I can leash train her after all. I'll bet she'd love a little stroller like you have for Pogo. I might try one someday, I figure they have to let you return it if she hates it.