Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Little Excitement For The Evening

October 13, 2013

Good morning.  Well, it was sunny, but now there are a few clouds popping up now and then.  Today will be cool, 61 F.   That's to be expected though.  After all, it is Autumn.  I'm just a bit sad to see the nice warm temps going away.

Well, I must say, last night was not a bit dull.  The Mrs did not to go to bed yet, so I decided to boil some eggs and make her an egg salad for today's lunch.  I put the eggs on to boil, and a couple minutes later Mrs changed her mind and wanted to get ready for bed.  So off we went to the bedroom. 

Things were going fine when all of a sudden the fire alarm began making a very loud racket.  I ran out of the bedroom and found smoke coming from the kitchen.  Yup, you guessed it!!  Those forgotten eggs were the culprit.  All the water had boiled away, the eggs became black funny looking things and the pan was burned and stuck to the stove burner. 

I shut off the stove and put the pan in the sink, and then went to shut off the alarm.  Meanwhile, the alarm company called on the phone to ask if we needed the fire department.  Embarrassing????  I said no thank you and explained what had happened.  Then the lady on the phone talked me through getting the alarm shut off and reset.

Through all of this, the Mrs was quite excited as she rode around the house on her scooter wondering where the firemen were.  By now, I had the doors and windows opened to let out all the smoke.  It wasn't very cold outside, so this worked out pretty good.  After a while though, the house did start to get cool so I shut everything.  The Mrs was quite the happy camper when she finally climbed into bed and fell  right to sleep.

For photos this morning, I dug this cute little woodpecker out of my archives.  I save all my photos, so there is always something to post here.  This photo was taken at work, but I have some of these little fellows at my feeder too.


I also have a photo of one of the Mrs' gorgeous floral bouquets.  She always has some of the prettiest flowers on her table.


Yesterday at work, the Mrs was not happy about the fact that Pogo was there with me.  So I called her family and told them that I would not be working days anymore.  I don't have a daytime sitter for Pogo and I refuse to shut him up in the pantry for nine hours while I'm away at work.  This works for me because I was wanting to cut my day shift out soon anyway.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Now I want to play with my little guy for a while before I start moving a few things around here.  Tomorrow the carpet cleaners will here early in the morning.  I can't wait for everything to be done so things can get back to normal around here.  It will be nice though to have the carpet looking new again.

So, till tomorrow, I wish everyone beautiful sunshine.  Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

No days ... does that mean more nights or does it mean less work ... I like the last option better, but then you know what you need to do so I won't impose my opinion.

Eeeek a fire ... wish I could count how many times I have done that in my lifetime. Even when I was young and had no excuse. My old poop excuse comes in handy now days, but when I was a young bride I set my freshly painted kitchen on fire with grease ... that was the first clue my hubby had of what he would be in for the next 49 years. Guess he must have figured it was worth it ... or just couldn't figure out a way to get out of it :)

Love your little Downey ... we have them here too, as I know you know because I have posted pictures. We had to cut a tree down on our hill because it died ... not sure why, maybe just old age. The sad part was that they found a woodpecker nest inside. I am guessing it was the nest of my Nut Hatches because I haven't seen them around since. Sad, sad day ... They are my favorite little birds and we had a big family of them. I do hope they find a new place so they can stay around. It's not a good time for them to be having to move ... had I known I would have waited, but then you always run the risk of a big branch coming down and damaging something or someone ... Oh dear ...

It is nice out here today. Cool but comfortable. I will go out and work in my yard again. Later we will probably do some more bush trimming. We have so many bushes to trim. It is a big job and much to expensive to have it done, so we just whittle away at it until it is done ... until next year. I am hoping I will get my Hollyhocks in today. It started raining yesterday so that put my plan on hold. Fingers crossed for today. Izzi is ringing her bell and she hasn't been out for awhile, so I had better take heed. Hope you have a wonderful day with Pogo, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

You certainly know how to stir up a little excitement! It's so easy to do something like that and I'm sure we've all had our moments like that.
Good for you sticking to your guns about not doing any more day shifts and being true to Pogo.

Debby said...

Oh my I bet that fire smelled just awful. I can just picture it all. Glad you told them when you wanted to work. Wonder why the Mrs. doesn't want Pogo there. She is probably jealous.
Pretty picture.

smiekeltje said...

I can imagine how the eggs were looking LOL! Gosh, this happens to me every once in a while too and I hate myself for it. I put something on the stove and in the meantime I do something else and then......I forget all about hte boiling stuff!
Glad all turned out well.
The Mrs. sometimes is very capricious, isn;t she?
I also wonder why she doesn;t want Pogo to be with you at daytime? It doesn;t happen too often, so she shoud be happy you are there to take care of here and I cannot imagine Pogo is causing trouble.
I think you are right to quit the dayshifts and that you told the family the reason.
You have a lovely day now with hi.
Hug
Kyra