Friday, September 27, 2013

Twas An Interesting Day

September 27, 2013

Good morning.  Well, Pogo and I survived yesterday.  The fellow came early and sprayed my place, and said he would be back next week to finish the job.  They have to wait a week to make sure all is well.  There was nothing in my place, but because I travel between the main house and my place, the spraying had to be done in order to warranty the work done in the main house. 

I feel as though a one hundred pound weight has been lifted off my shoulders now.  After next week, I can start putting my things back where they belong.  They've all been stuffed into the computer room and some stuff out back.  It's going to be wonderful to get back to normal.

I realize that this is a problem that has been becoming widespread everywhere, but I don't particularly want these critters in my house.  The dust bunnies can stay, but the bugs just got to go. 

The hardest part yesterday was finding something to do for five hours away from the house.  First Pogo and I did a couple of errands and stopped to take a few Fall color photos.  Then we went to Wendy's and got some lunch.  Their food doesn't seem to taste as good as it used to.  The fries were skinny and crunchy, and the chicken was hard and crunchy.  I'll stick to McDonalds and Burger King from now on.

After lunch, we took a ride to the park and walked around a bit.  Then I curled up in my car and had me a nap.  By now, I was very tired, having been up since 4 a.m.  After this, Pogo and I went to visit with Dee Dee for a while until it was time to go home.  While Joe watched Pogo, I rant to Walmart to buy a new mattress cover and memory foam topper.  However, I got the wrong kind, so later this afternoon I will return them. 

Last night my favorite TV program was on, Project Runway, and I was all curled up snug as a bug in my lounge chair waiting for it to start.  Alas, I awoke around 12:30 a.m.  Of course, I had missed my program.  Luckily I taped it so I can watch it tonight.  I also remembered that I had forgotten my laundry that was in the dryer.  So at 12:45 a.m. I was in the laundry room folding my clothes. 

I had no problem getting back to sleep until Pogo woke me up this morning around 4:45.  Time to make the coffee and get ready for work.   I haven't had a chance to look at yesterday's photos, so I got a couple from my archives to share with you.   The first photo is a Northern Flicker that was enjoying a tree trunk in the Mrs' backyard, and the second is a pumpkin arrangement that was given to the Mrs.



Now I must get busy here.  The Mrs will be waking soon and wanting her breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B>

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Hopefully things will get on track for you once again and you can move forward instead of the taking one step forward and two steps back. We've all had days like that and they seem sooooo much longer than the normal 24 hours.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning! Glad you and Pogo survived the day! LOL! Glad you got a few hours rest at least, hopefully you are asleep now and playing catch up!
Great photos from your archive!
Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
Hugs, Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy, I am with you ... no Bed Bugs allowed, if I can help it. I read somewhere that you should wash any clothes you buy in a store (especially made in a foreign country ... and what clothes aren't these days) before you wear them. They claim that a lot of the bed bug problem has been tranmitted from place to place this way. So tell your Dwarfs to wash any new clothes before they wear them. Hopefully the hot water in the wash machine will do the job.

So you made the best of a long boring day with little Pogo and it was worth it to get your life back. Don't know about Wendy's ... I love their baked pototoes, but we don't have a Wendy's near us any more so I haven't been able to try their food. I find that a lot of food that I used to drool over isn't as good ... not sure why, but I am betting it has something to do with being old :)

So today I have to pack and shower and get ready to leave tomorrow morning for my Gala weekend. I am hoping to have some good pictures though I don't know if carrying a camera around at a formal dinner is going to be okay ... but what do I care. I'm thinking I can do what I want ... I have earned my stripes :/ I bought my husband a big chocolate cake with chocolate frosting to keep him happy while I am gone. That is his favorite and I am guessing he won't even miss me if he has his cake :) Anyway, need to get my show on the road. Have a wonderful weekend, Edna ... be back next week with some pictures (I hope:)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Must be a good feeling that by next week the guy of the critter department only has to come back once and that you can have your stuff back at the places where it belongs!
It is strange that if we go out, just to do something, it happens you are away for several hours without a problem, but when you actually HAVE to stay out, it is hard to fill the time.
Still you had some hours of sleep and rest, which is a good thing when you have to go to the Mrs.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra