Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Clouds Are Really Fascinating

September 22, 2013

Good morning from soggy New England.  The fog outside is quite thick so one can't see very far (at least where I am at work) but I can hear the rain.  There is also a bit of a breeze this morning.  Of course, it is only 5:45 a.m. and things can change in the next hour or two.  I did think to bring my umbrella in with me last night.

The weather forecast is for rain on and off most of today, then we should have a couple of nice sunny days.  We shall see.  It's been warm all through the night, but by tonight the temps will have dropped down into the 40's.  They are forecasting very cool nights for the whole week.  

As you can see, the internet was back on when I got to work last night.  Hopefully, it will stay on.  I do miss it when it is not accessible.  I enjoy sitting with a cup of coffee (or a bottle of water) and catching up with other folks' blogs.  There's only a few blogs that I follow, but I do miss them when the internet is out.  

Last night on the way to work, the sky was a beautiful blue and filled with some pretty awesome clouds.  Then the dark clouds started rolling in.  Whenever I was stopped for traffic, I grabbed a few shots of the sky ahead.  Here's a few of those photos.





There were some really awesome formations, but I'm not always in a situation where I can get photos.  Wow, right now the rain is really coming down and making lots of noise as it hits on everything outside.  I hope it slows down a bit for when it is time for me to go home.  I'm not crazy about getting soaked going to my car and then having to sit in my soggy clothes all the way home. 

Well, it's time for me to be checking on the Mrs again.  So till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You are right, the clouds are beautiful. Your pictures are right on ... you really captured the effect.

Thank goodness the Wifi is back. It's too bad you have to depend on the neighbor paying thier bills on time ... too funny. I for one am glad to have you able to read and comment. Always enjoy hearing from you.

I know I am really getting old when I go grocery shopping without my purse ... and didn't even miss it until I went to pay for my basket full of groceries. OMG, I had to run home and get it. They were nice enough to keep my basket of food on the side for me. What next, Edna? I fear the day I forget how to access my blog. Oh boy, the memory, she's a fadin' :)

I started on a Mandarin Orange project yesterday and it is taking me longer than I thought it would. I may have to do a quickie and save this one for next week. We will see if I have time to spend on it today. With my left hand under wraps, I can't do much yard work. I would say Woo Hoo, but it is all just piling up waiting for me. My son is coming over to mow the lawn this afternoon. He doesn't have the time, but someone has to do it. My sunflowers need to be cut down. The Gold finch have cleaned them of thier seed, but I left them up because the humming birds like to sit and rest in them. But they are becoming an eye sore so down they must come. Fall is a sad time when all of the flowers have to be cut back. But then the leaves turn and it is beautiful until they fall and I have to rake them. Boy I am in a bitchy mood this morning. Best go before I burn some ears :) Have a nice relaxing Sunday, Edna and Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Yippee you had internet back on!
Sometimes the sky can be pretty awesome, just have to look at your photos.
Hopefully you didn;t need to use your umbrella and you could drive home dry and well.
Have a lovely day!
Hug
Kyra