Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Short And Sweet

September 24, 2013

Good morning.  Yesterday turned out to be quite a beautiful day, and today is looking pretty nice too.  I will keep this post short because I have so much stuff to do today.  Mostly household chores, but I'm a procrastinator and if I wait much longer I just won't get to any of it. 

Tomorrow I have an appointment for the consult before the stress test.  I am not looking forward to this at all.  I don't like tests of any kind.  Or consults.  You guessed it.  I'm not the world's best patient either when I am sick. 

Ah well, enough chatter.  I have laundry waiting, and dishes clamoring for a bit of soap and water.  My vacuum cleaner has been trying to make friends with me but it's just not on the top of my "best buds" list.

I really must get busy here, but I thought I would share a fabulous little image that I found on Dee's Facebook page.   It just fits me so perfectly.


I promise to chat a bit more tomorrow, and to have some new photos to share.  Pogo is still asleep (I think) in his little bed.  Either he is trying to send me a message that he does not want the doggie food that I put down for his breakfast, or he is really tired.  He knows I won't hold out too long, and he'll end up with what he wants.  Smart little guy.

On that thought, I shall bid you good day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'm with you ... why can't they just do the stress test ... why a consult? I'm thinking because they can charge you for both ... money, it's always all about money. As for the stress test, I don't like them much either especially when they tilt it on an incline. Now I can walk pretty good on a tredmill, but tilt it up, I feel like I'm climbing a mountain. Anyway, good luck with the test ... hope your results are good.

I had to come over here through the back door again (I go to my blog and click on one of your comments) because you are not on my blogger list again. I don't understand why that happens ... It certainly is irritating. Being a blogger takes some patience ... not in the actual blogging, but in dealing with Google Blogger. They really need to tighten up thier ship. I get the feeling sometimes that they are falling apart.

Today I am off to a doctors appointment with my daughter. She is not happy about it ... she needed it so that the dental clinic would clear her for some oral surgery. It never ends for her ... I feel bad for her, I really do.

Well this weekend is my International Crane Foundation 40th Anniversary Gala. I will be wearing a coctail dress ... haven't done that in years. Had to go out to buy new shoes and found out that my feet don't work in heels anymore. I had to buy a pair of flats before I could even walk over to the mirror to see how they looked. Boy, the body changes in ways you don't even realize when you get to this ripe old age. Anyway, I am looking forward to my Gala ... haven't partied like this in so long, I'm not sure I will know what to do ... but the plan is to have a good time :) Now, if you can get past all of that house work, you have yourself a wonderful day, Edna ... and give Pogo what he likes. You only live once you know :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Debby said...

Good luck on your stress test. I am not a big fan of them either. Not because of anything that has happened......just the "fear" of them. Crazy. I hope that you do just fine and it is over before you know it. ((((HUGS)))

smiekeltje said...

That image you posted is awesome!!!!
Brought a big smile on my face, it fits mee too at times!
Do your best at the test, and no, it is no fun but let's say it is for a good cause.
I feel pity for you, so sending lots of energy your way.
Think my post will not be too long either, oh well, as long as you all know I am still there LOL.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I hope all goes well for you with your consults and tests. I agree with Andrea- it's so they can bill you twice. It's the same thing when I see my Dr for the CPAP. They run the info to see the usage and then we chat about it and he says to keep up the good work. I could do without that part. Oh well.