Sunday, September 29, 2013

September Is Tiptoeing Away

September 29, 2013

Good morning.  Are you noticing the date?  The month of September is almost gone.  It's kind of sad in a way how the months of April through November just fly by, and the months of December through March seem to linger on and on.  Especially January and  February.  They seem to hang on for dear life.  Well, at least that's how it feels to this old soul.

It's 5:30 a.m. and I'm still at work.  I was able to catch a few winks while Mrs has been sleeping, but I'm hoping for a short nap when I get home this morning before Pogo and I leave for his picnic.  I have never been to one of these shelter picnics before but I imagine it will be a lot of fun.

I've just made myself a mug full of hot instant oatmeal.  Yum yum.  It is raisin and spice oatmeal and it tastes so good on a cold morning like this.  I carry all sorts of things in my workbag, including cereal for a quick morning pick-me-up. 

On my way to and from work, I pass a very unique and interesting tree.  In the summertime, the tree is all green (the leaves) and when the leaves start changing color, only one half of the tree turns a beautiful deep red while the rest of the tree is still green.  I did look and there is only one tree trunk here.  It splits into a "Y" and one half is red and one half is green.  Strange.  But beautiful.


Another pretty place is down the street from my house.  There is an island that goes from end to end on a side street.  The whole thing is planted (by a gardening club) with all sorts of beautiful plants.  One of the plants that is so striking is this one.


I'm not sure, but is this called a "spider plant"?  It grows next to red "knock out" roses and is just gorgeous.   It appears to have one stem with lots of spikey arms coming off it with white blossoms on the ends. 

This week I need to order my blog books for January to August.  I started working on this during the week past, but there was just too much other stuff to be done first.  Now I have the time to work on this.  Next will be designing my Christmas card and making the final selections for my 2014 calendar.  I would like to get all of this done in the next couple of weeks.  After that, I can concentrate on the upcoming holidays.

I think this year, I'm working on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.  Bahhhhh,   I like to be home for Christmas Eve.  No special reason, but that's the night that Santa stops in for a short chat and a cup of cocoa.  I know, I'm a softee, but I like Santa and he's always been good to me.

Well, enough chit chat.  It's time to be checking on the Mrs again and start packing up my workbag.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edna --- I think that the plant is Cleome -- an annual. Not 100% sure -- but think that's it. Enjoy Pogo's Picnic.
Donna

smiekeltje said...

Looks you had a quiet night with the Mrs and even a little wink, wow.
But yes, good idea to take a nap at home, before you go to the picknick with Pogo.
Wonderful things nature can compose, just like the tree you showed. I wonder if the green half of it will change color too.
You are just like me, I like to be home at Christmas Eve( and Christmas day too) at home. May be your schedule will still change a bit, so that you can be home for Santa's visit!
Have a great day!
Hug
Kyra