Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Little Guy Is Soooooo Smart!

September 17, 2013

Good morning.  Brrrrr!  It's six o'clock and it's 43 degrees F.  I actually had to turn on the electric fireplace to keep myself and Pogo warm.  We do have warm blankets, but they don't help much when you have to get up during the night. 

Pogo is very smart though.  He makes a small mountain with his big blanket, and then crawls into it to keep toasty warm.  Here is a photo that I just took to show you how adorable my little guy is all snuggled up in his fuzzy blanket. 


 Well, I have to confess that I did not get to try the Lavender stinky stuff last night.  I got all comfy, curled up in a blanket in my lounge chair and settled in to watch some TV.  When I woke up, it was 2:30 in the morning.  So much for needing a sleep aid.  I think I'll give the Lavender stuff to one of the dwarfs.

Today will be an easy day.  I have a couple of calls to make, then I want to finish doing a few things around here.  If the sun comes out and warms us up a bit, maybe Pogo and I will go outside in the yard for a while.  The fresh air will be good for both of us.

Yesterday afternoon I did take my camera out to take a few photos of some of the roses.  There are still quite a few of the plants blooming in my garden.  Pretty soon though, it will be time to trim back the butterfly bushes.  They are getting quite big and most of their blossoms have gone by.  Here are a couple of the roses.



Well, daylight is breaking so I think I'll make a fresh cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading and catch up on some emails.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Not being able to sleep is one of the worst feelings possible, so I'm very happy you were able to fall asleep without any aids. I went through a period of insomnia for a long time - very nasty. Now I sleep great, just be the new lifestyle that agrees with me. Of course, George won't let me sleep in too late....but it's worth it to have his furry little self.

Unknown said...

So cute! The roses are beautiful.

mddavis53 said...

I have been meaning to do this for a long time but finally got to just do it mode. I want to thank you for all your posts, especially the photographs. I save many of them so that when I am working on a card or paper project I have really good close ups to help me with the coloring. I have recently been working with Susan Cockburn's flowers and your photos have been a fabulous source for the coloring. Thank you so much.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Posting at dawn must be a good thing ... you have three comments already and it is only 8:30 (here). We are having the same cold spell and yes my garden is ready for trimming back, but it will have to wait a while so my wrist can heal.

Have you tried melatonin for sleeping? It is what your brain releases to help you sleep and now you can buy it in a natural form. My daughter uses it because she has insomnia and it helps. The other option is a single Benedryl tablet at bed time ... we used it for a sleeper at the hospital and that worked too. Of course the best bet is to get tired by keeping busy ... but sometimes that backfires ... too tired can also mean no sleep. You may have some problems because you do night shift and that can screw up your circadian rythyms. I used to work night shift too, so I speak from experience. Anyway ... glad you slept well last night.

Pogo is a sweetheart as well as a smarty. Love his little picture all cuddled up in his blanket. Izzi is still looking for cool spots to sleep ... her coat is so thick and heavy. I feel for her.

I am off to Sams to get toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex etc. We buy them in bulk because it is cheaper and because it is convenient to have it available for longer periods of time. Then off to the bird feed store ... I am out of black sunflower seed which is the staple around here for my birds. I saw the juvenile eagle out here last night ... haven't seen him for awhile so I was glad to see he is still with us.

I am going to be very busy for the next few weeks. My daughter has to have some oral surgery and that means getting physicals, ekg's etc. plus I have some fun things coming up soon which I will tell you about in pictures, hopefully :) I am going to have to postpone working on my book ... hope it won't get too late to get it done. Once I start on it, I will need to stick with it if I want to get it right. I will be calling you sometime in October. I'll warn you ahead of time. Thanks Edna, for always being there. Have a wonderful day ... and hugs to Pogo.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Debby said...

Ahhhh, such a dog's life for Pogo. I like how they cover their noses. My Springer does that.
I have trouble sleeping and it is a pain. Now that I am on steroids for my back that isn't helping. I wish I had the energy boost that they say you get.....I am so sleepy instead. Have a great week. Hope you get out in the sunshine. ((((HUGS)))

smiekeltje said...

Wonderful you had another good sleep. It's a pain in the a..... to have insomnia. Your body should be used to the fact, you have night shifts and have to sleep daytimes, and other days you just can sleep at night, but it messes up the body rythm.
But great you did have some sound sleep, together with Pogo LOL.
He is cute, all curled up in his blanket.
You have a great day!
Hug
Kyra