Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Meeting New Friends Is So Exciting

September 10, 2013

Good morning.  Yesterday was a great day to be outside, and it looks like today will be another gorgeous day.  We're getting a splash of summer weather before it cools down again. 

Yesterday morning when I got home from work, my little Pogo was dancing all around my feet, so happy to see me.  I have to say that one of the nicest parts of having to work is the homecoming.  If you have a fur baby then you know what I mean.

Well, yesterday was a real treat for me.  I finally got to meet The Queen Jester and her hubby Left Brain.  (from Life in a Canned Ham)  Gosh, they are just the nicest folks.  We ate our picnic lunch and chatted away like old friends.  Even Pogo was having a good time. 

After lunch, Left Brain enjoyed some nap time while The Queen and Pogo and I walked about taking photos.  The ducks and gulls were very playful, making it easy for us to get some nice photos.  Here are a couple of shots showing pigeons and a gull in flight.



Before leaving the park, Left Brain took photos of The Queen and Pogo and I.  Sorry for the dark glasses.  I'm not really trying to be incognito.  I totally forgot that the sun turns the lenses very dark, making me look like I have two black eyes.  lol.  As you can see, even Pogo was happy to be making new friends.


After saying our goodbyes, I got a nice shot of Left Brain getting ready to drive them home.  Travel safely folks.


I enjoyed myself tremendously.  It is so exciting to get to meet the wonderful friends you have made through blogging.  It's even better when they are such really nice folks.  Yessiree, it was a fabulous day!

By mid afternoon, I was beginning to wilt and probably looking quite zombee-ish after being up for a couple of days.  Once Pogo and I got home, I made some supper for him and finished eating my sandwich from lunchtime.  Then I curled up in my fuzzy blankets in my lounge chair to watch a bit of TV.  A few minutes later I was off to dreamland.  Except for getting up a couple of times to check on Pogo, I slept through till this morning. 

Today I have a lot of new photos to sort through.  I must do the dishes too.  Last night I was tired, and just left them for today.  Now it's time for me to get busy here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I enjoyed meeting you and Pogo, although I feel like I already knew you from the blog. I was pleased with my bird photos but still have a long way to go...just need to get out there and practice practice practice.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

What a treat ... I follow both of you and so enjoy each of you. I am thrilled for you that you were able to meet in person. And sweet Pogo, did he meet George and Gracie? What fun ... I guess it can happen. Maybe someday it will be us :)

We have had scorching heat here ... hope it isn't heading your way because it has been unbearable. It is supposed to cool off so they say, but not so far. I went to visit my friend yesterday. She is a new Grandma and I got to meet baby Eleanor. What a beautiful baby. I took pictures, but I will have to see if it is okay to post them. Some people don't like their families on the blogs so maybe down the road.

I have been trying to gather thing for the Vets. I have a pick up scheduled for next Monday, but since I am having my carpel tunnel surgery Friday, I probably won't be able to do much for several days. Besides, I need to do things inside, because it is too hot outside. My Hubby is making noises about dinner time so I best go down and get something started. You have a wonderful day, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Lovely that you had such a nice meeting with the Queen Jester and you all enjoyed the day.
And you definately needed some catching up ont the sleep!
You will have a bit more energy today, to do some things but also take some substantial breaks do to really nice things, like looking through your pcitures LOL.
You have a great day
Hug
Kyra