Friday, August 2, 2013

Tis Raining Here In New England

August 2, 2013

Good morning.  It's raining here in New England.  I'm at work, and my poor little Pogo is home alone.  Hopefully, he will eat his breakfast and have a nice nap until lunchtime when Deanne will stop by and pick him up and take him home with her.  I will go by her house after work and get him.  It's not the ideal situation, but it's the best I can do without a sitter.

I'm at work now so this will have to be a short post.  Mrs is asleep, but will wake soon and be wanting her breakfast.  I brought the manual for my car in with me today so that I can look up a few things.  I try to learn something new every few days. 

Yesterday, Pogo and I spent a little time out in the yard.  While he was busy romping through the grass, I got some new photos.  There was a beautiful large yellow butterfly busy flitting from branch to branch on the butterfly bushes.

 
 
There was also a butterfly moth enjoying the blossoms on the bushes.  This is the first time I've seen one of these in my yard. 


Another lovely surprise in my garden was all the new flower buds.  My orange rose bush has finally got a new bud on it.  This is one of my favorites.   Here's the new little bud.  Isn't this gorgeous?


Well, now the Mrs is awake and wanting her breakfast.   She has just given me permission to bring Pogo to work on Fridays when I have no sitter.  This will be such a big help for me.  Of course, on her grumpy days, she may change her mind.  Ah well, we shall have to take it Friday by Friday.  Now I'm off to get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Did I miss something ... why no babysitter on Fridays? I hope the Mrs. stays in her good mood so Friday doesn't have to be a bad day for Pogo or you for that matter.

Your Swallowtail butterfly is gorgeous and the Hawk Moths are really interesting little characters ... people used to mistake them for Hummingbirds because, at a distance, they fly and flit just like them. Your picture taking is so good. This aught to be another good calendar year,right?

Yesterday we did a raptor program at a summer camp for 7 to 9 year olds. What a hoot. As you can imagine they loved the birds, but got most excited when they would poop ... oh my. And the little boys loved the stories about the Vulture barfing to both protect themselves and to lighten their load so they could escape. That has always been a favorite with the kids and it was more fun when we had a Vulture with us ...

My friends birthday is coming up and I have to make a picture book for her. I will just print this one out, but could you e-mail me and tell me how you make your blog books? I would like to save some of my posts that way too. I think it would be nice for the kids to have someday when I am not around. Hopefully, I will have a lot of books before that happens :) Well, Edna, I am off to the bird seed store this morning. I ran out of duck pellets and my duck crowd has really increased since all of the babies are flying with the group now. They would not be happy if the food wasn't there. I will be thinking of little Pogo all day ... Izzi and I would love to sit for him, but we are not close enough. That is the sad part of blogging ... you meed wonderful people and pets and can't get together. You have a fast day at work so you can get home.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow...Wow...Wow! What lovely photos. And yes, you are going to have a terrific book of Kyra gifts. She does such beautiful work. Great friend! You take such lovely photos, they need to be displayed.
It's another hot weekend ahead for us so I will be staying inside in the AC. Hope you and Pogo have a wonderful weekend together. Enjoy your visit with your daughter!
Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Your butterfly pictures are just stunning.
I hope the Mrs maintains her sweet disposition and allows Pogo to come on Fridays. I can't see why she wouldn't want him there to begin with.

smiekeltje said...

It rained a bit here too, during the night.
And today it is much nicer to be outside, not as hot anymore.
Sweet of Deanne to pick Pogo up, at least he will not be alone the whole day.
And great the Mrs. aloows you to take him with you on the Fridays. A great relief for you and some nice company.
Oh, nice butterfly photo. You know what that means ? LOL
You should ask Deanne or Janet or anybody to take some more photos of you! Love to scrap those!
Hugs
Kyra