Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sea Salt vs Regular Salt

Good afternoon.  Needless to say, I slept in very late this morning.  I'm owing Pogo big time because he should be outside playing and running around instead of having so much quiet time.   Hopefully we'll be able to find out soon what my problem is.  I managed to move my doctor appointment up to this Monday afternoon. 

Today I'm just going to post a few photos, but first I want to thank Donna for her helpful tip about sea salt.  I don't use salt in my cooking or on my food, and thought I would use sea salt in its place.  It's a good thing that I only used it a few times because it has the same properties as regular salt.  I checked it out on Google.  Surprise, surprise.  Thanks, Donna.

This first photo comes from my daughter's facebook page.  What can I say?  The photo says it all.  Our fur babies love us with their whole heart.

 
These next photos we taken at our local park.  I call the first one "Getting all my ducks (I know, they are geese.) in a row."   The second shot is just an interesting shot of the geese flying, and the last one is a few of the cute ducks that I couldn't resist photographing.
 

 

Now I'm going to ask Joe to take Pogo outside for a little while, and then I will snuggle in to my lounge chair.  I'm saving my energy for work tonight.  I would call out but we really don't have enough people to fill in for us right now.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

good afternoon.....thanks for stopping in to see the kitty cats. LOL! I am officially the "crazy cat lady" of our neighborhood. LOL!
we had a little storm roll in last evening, very, very, very windy and rain was quite heavy, but just did not last long enough, however, my lawn was so appreciative of the drink of water that it changed back to green instead of the crunchy dried mess it was becoming. hand watering is not the same as all over rain! ROFL!
Hope you get some of your energy back and real soon too! good luck with work and your doctor's appt.
Chat more later. Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

I hope your energy returns soon and you're a bit more chipper. Maybe it's Autumn coming, I always feel like a clock that has unwound when the days get shorter and the weather cooler.

Debby said...

Still no up to par. Hope you feel better soon.
I always call geese ducks just to annoy my husband. He always corrects me, hah.

smiekeltje said...

You say you don;t use salt in your cooking, which is a good thing. But pity is that in prepared meals there is most of the time a rather high quantity of salt, as is in a lot of other products, we even always realize.
Found you this article, may be it is of some use to you?
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/salt-substitutes/

http://healthyheartmarket.com/

But you should also talk to your doctor about it, if you should want to use a bit of low salt products.
Well, you know that of course.

I really hope you will feel better again soon, no fun in feeling so tired and with no energy. I know!

Have quiet day.
Hug
Kyra