Wednesday, August 28, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN

August 28, 2013

Good morning, and a beautiful day it is!  Today is also my youngest grandson Kevin"s birthday.  He turns sixteen today.  Where oh where have those years gone?  It wasn't so long ago that he made his way into this world as an amazing two pound wonder.   Today he's a tall handsome young man.  Kevin, I wish you a very happy birthday.  May all your dreams and wishes come true.  I love you.

Yesterday I was soooooo crabby!   I guess you could tell, huh?  Well today is a much better day.  I'm tired, but in a little while I shall have a little nap, then start making supper for tonight.  Janet will be coming by later this afternoon.  This is our day to get together for a good meal and a lot of fun.

Early this morning, while I was still at work, I thought I spotted a fox in the field across the street.  So I grabbed my camera and went outside.  The mist was heavy and still rising from the ground, but you can make out the fox through the mist.  I cropped the photo so that you could get a closer look at the fox.  He sure does look hungry!

 

In the little garden near the street, there was lots of bird activity in the black eyed susans and the cone flowers.  On the ground, there was one lone little gray bird.  I'm not sure but he looks like a young catbird.  Again, I made a "cropped" photo for a closer look.


 
Well, I've finished my coffee, checked on a few emails and read a few blogs.  Now I think I might have me a little nap before I get started on the household chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

That fox looks like a coyote. He is a well feed fox. I have only seen two around here ever.
It's okay to have grumpy days. I get grumpy when it is hot outside.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Boy, I think I am crabby every day these days ... don't know what is getting into me. I don't mind crabby when you are doing it ... like it less when it is me, 'cause I have to live with it.

Your picture looks more like a Coyote to me, though maybe the mist is muting his coloring so I can't tell ... but he looks pretty big to see that well that far away ... hmmmm. And I agree, your little bird does look like a Cat Bird ... aren't they fun to have around. I love to listed to their little confused mimics.

My Izzi was sick last night. The vet put her on an antibiotic and she had a horrible reaction to it. She was vomiting for hours and licking and licking ... she had us all worried. But, this morning she was fine so I guess what I learned is I won't be giving her that antibiotic again. That was hard on all of us ... ugh! Nothing much happening around here. I went to the Bontonical Gardens on Monday with a friend so I have pictures I need to post ... the trick is getting around to it. I just can't seem to keep up with the pace these days. Maybe after I get my Carpel Tunnel taken care of and I can sleep better everything else will get better ... Here's Hoping. You and Pogo have a nice evening with Janet and I will stop in tomorrow to hear all about it. Be well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

aquascrap said...

We too have a resident fox around here. We don't get to see him often but have spotted him on a few occasions fairly late at night making his way across to the shopping centre.

I think we all have our grumpy days, lucky they don't last too long.

Birthday greetings to your grandson Kevin. How nice it would be to be 16 again....lol.

Enjoy your evening with Janet.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

No problem if you are crabby, once in a while LOL! We all have such days, believe me!
Now you need first a good nap and then it is nice that Janet comes along that will brighten for sure your day!
Oh and happy birthday to Kevin!
Hug
Kyra