Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another Gorgeous Day In New England

August 20, 2013

Good afternoon.   Today's weather is just delightful.  Sunny and warm with blue skies and puffy white clouds.   I just got back from my follow up visit to the doctor, and all is looking much better.   Later today I will pick up a new prescription and hopefully that will be the end of the pills.  I just do not like taking pills. 

Last night, one of the dwarfs was having her supper, and I noticed that her slice of bread on a napkin looked so appropriate for our country.   Wheat and dairy products are such a big part of our history.  Feeding our people is, and should always be, our number one priority.  This just struck me as so "American".


I won't go off on a rant here, but I did think that this was a really cool photo.  You never know when the opportunity for a good photo will pop up.  I would never have thought to look on the dinner table.  This time, I think I walked into the kitchen at just the right time. 

The new theme challenge in our photography forum is "sitting or lying about".   For this I only had to walk to the den.  After a days' work, the dwarfs like to relax and watch a bit of TV or just play games on their cell phone.


Yesterday afternoon, Pogo and I sat out in the yard for a while and enjoyed watching all the bees that were flitting in and out of the butterfly bushes.  I did take a lot of photos, but have not had a chance yet to go through them. 

Some of the rose plants are perking up again with new buds and blooms.  Here's a real pretty pale pink blossom.


There is another beautiful rose starting to bloom right outside my door.  Later, I will go out and take a couple of photos.  From the kitchen window, it looks to be a coral and yellow rose.  Until it fully opens though, I can't be sure.  The colors tend to change a bit as the rose matures.

Well, now it's time to do a few things around here, and maybe later I can play a bit on the computer.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Good news from your doctor's visit.
At some point the roses stopped blooming here too, but after I did a bit of pruning, cutting back all the dead flowerheads and some branches that looked not so good, they are blooming a second time.
I think the nice weather also helped a lot.
Great shot of the dwarf(it is Joe, isn;t it?)
You have a marvellous day now.
Hug
Kyra