Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An Unexpected Cleaning Binge

August 13, 2013

Well good morning, even if it is getting close to noon time.  I enjoyed a really nice long sleep in this morning.   And it felt soooooo good.  

I need to start cleaning out my laptop and all my scrapbook design files.  So I'm going to start posting some of the older freebies that are being retired, along with a lot of new stuff that I've been saving.  My laptop now takes so long to start up that I can make a cup of coffee while I'm waiting for it to get going.  I think that means that the hard drive is getting full.

 Folks, your not going to believe this.  It is now two hours later (since I started typing this post) and I'm finally getting back to it.  Pogo started barking and running from door to door, so I got up to check this out.  There was no one and nothing outside and he settled down. 

Then I noticed a magazine on my book shelf and for some reason picked it up.  This led to checking everything else on that one shelf.  It seemed to be a catchall for lots of things.  Now, two hours later, I have a neater shelf, a big stack of "shred-ables" and a large pile of magazines and catalogues for the recycle bin.

I also found one of the software disks that I was looking for to share with one of the dwarfs, and the installation disk for a printer that I had given to my daughter in law.  So, all in all it was a good break in time.

How about some "buggy" photos today.  These first two are moths (or tiny butterflies) from the garden, and the last is a very busy bee covered with lots of pollen  from the white butterfly bush.



 
Yesterday I went for my doctor appointment, and he has started me on a new blood pressure medicine.  I will go back next week to see if it is helping.  Today I will go see the orthopedic doctor for my regular follow up visit.   I like to get all these appointments taken care of around the same time, then I'm done for a while. 
 
Now it's time to rustle up some lunch for my little guy.  He's had such a busy day running from one end of the house to the other making sure that all is well.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Afternoon Miss Edna! Surely been hectic around here lately. Friday was the last day for my boss to work, so my job has begun, got to get all claims filed and statements sent out and packing up the office to put in storage....etc. That means in probably 4-6 weeks I will be officially, fully, retired! Loving it!
Your photos are so terrific, I have so much fun looking at them. Thanks for sharing with us.
We are expecting some rain this evening, with maybe some lightning and wind so gonna close down my computer early and so a little relaxing in front of the TV tonight. Monday and Tuesday are my favorite nights until the new programs start again....LOL!
Hoping the rain will drop our temps a little, still hit 99 yesterday and today. Be glad when August is over!
You and Pogo have a wonderful evening! Chat with you more later!
Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Hahaha, I know how that works, passing a shelf or closet, seeing something and picking it up, spending time looking in it, then wanting to put it back, then saying to yourself: "this could do with a bit of orgazing and cleaning"and finally goping back to what you were actually doing after an hour or more!!!
But the result gives a nice feeling!
Hopefully your new medicines will help your BP to reach better values.
Will make my blogpost now, yesterday was a real busy day, I am a little bit pooped out, but I am okay!
Have a great day, with a less restless Pogo at your side LOL!
Hug
Kyra