Sunday, July 21, 2013

Woo Hoo! The Internet Is Back!

July 21, 2013

Good morning.  Today the weatherman is promising us a welcoming break in the heat.  That means that I will have a chance to play with the sun roof on my car on the way home this morning.  By the way, I've decided to change her name to "Baby Blue Eyes".   Every time I look out the side window, the color blue looking back at me is the same beautiful color as many of my loved one's eyes. 

I'm actually one of the few in the family who did not get the baby blue eyes.  Mine are hazel, and depending on what colors I wear, my eyes can be green, gold or hazel.  These eyes have been passed on to two of my children. 

Yesterday I was feeling quite crappy.  The tension has been high in the house all week, and I have been tired from all the work.  Most of the dwarfs have been very good, but a few have been like unruly children. 

However, when I opened my email yesterday, I found a wonderful gift that really brightened my day.  Kyra had made me another gorgeous scrapbook layout.  This one features Mr Blue Eyes himself.  My friend, I thank you so much.


I also have a photo to share that I took at our local park.  This is one of the tiny little islands that is scattered on the pond.  It looks so peaceful, with just enough room on it to set up a tent and a little clothes line.  Doesn't this look like a great place to spend a vacation?



As you can see, the internet is back on at work.  Thank goodness!  WiFi withdrawal is no fun at all.   Now it's time to check on the Mrs again before I pack up my things and head on home.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Good Morning Edna, you are probably sleeping by now, but wanted to stop by anyway. Baby Blue Eyes ... perfect and love the Blue eyes in the Kyra page. It is wonderful to have special pictures of the ones you love ... continue to love and will always love until you are at his side again. Kyra is awesome, there is no doubt about it.

WooHoo for Wifi ... now your nights won't seem so long when you are working. That's a wonderful thing.

I had a scary thing happen yesterday. One of my neighbors is getting married in my next door neighbors yard Labor Day weekend and they ask me to take pictures ... Good Grief, all I do is point and shoot ... I told her I am not a professional, but she said she can't afford to hire anyone so if I can't do it, it will be people taking pictures with disposable cameras ... Oh my, I really don't feel up to the task, but I really can't say no. I made sure she realized that there are no guarantees, but my next door neighbor keeps saying , oh she takes wonderful pictures. Boy, the pressure is on ... Oh my!

We finally had a cooler day yesterday, but this morning is feeling hot again already. My lawn is starting to look brown again like last year with the drought. I was going to cut it this morning, but I don't want to cut it, if it is going to burn. I think I will watch it for a few days. Of course there are always sections that are in the shade that grow just fine. I don't know if I can get by with just cutting those sectios ... we will see.

Well, I am refinishing an old washer table that I have had on my front deck. It was getting pretty yucky from being outside all of the time so Hubby and I steel wooled it and sanded it down a little. Today we are going to put a stain on it and decide if we want to put a urethane coat on. Then on to the next project, whatever that may be ... maybe cleaning out the storage room downstairs, ugh. I know you know about that Ugh ... I am not looking forward to it. Well better get my show on the road. You have a wonderful day, Edna ... and slurps and kisses for Pogo from Izzi ...

Andrea @ FRom The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

wow, what a lovely gift for you from Kyra! And yes, the island looks so very peaceful, just hope it has WiFi while you camp there...LOL!
Just playing catch up from a couple of days rest for my shoulders...it's a necessity sometimes!
Hope your weather is cooperating and beginning to cool back down some, ours if on the rise again after a week of much needed slow soaking rains and below normal temps for July in Texas!
Have a terrific week ahead! Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Good news, that you have internet again at work! Your nights will pass a bit quicker because of it.
Don;t know if I will get done a lot here, we have very warm weather at the moment.
You just take care, have fun with your Baby Blue Eyes!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

The little island certainly does look serene. Kyra did a lovely job with the baby blue eyes photo. I'm hoping your project comes to an end soon with the house or at least that the dwarves all get their act together and play nice.