Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This Heat Is Making Me Crabby!

July 17, 2013

Good morning. The layout here on blogger is different this morning, and I can't figure out how to make any changes. The type is much smaller, and rather hard for me to see. Add to that, the editing tools are all missing.  

Phew!  This heat is getting to me.  My fuse is getting shorter and shorter.  I think I need a day outside to play and re-adjust my attitude.  I just clicked on another tab here, and voila!  All my editing tools are back.  I definitely need a cool drink of water and a break from housework.

Some days I am just so bad, with absolutely no patience.  This is one of those days.  It's in the low 80's already, and headed for the low to mid 90's.  Pogo and I are staying pretty comfortable indoors.  Baby Girl is sitting in the driveway feeling quite neglected. (One of the birds has already left a gift on the front of her hood.  Nice!)   Maybe in the late afternoon, we can take her out for a ride.  I have to get used to driving this new car before the weekend.

How about  a couple of photos of the Mrs' gorgeous hydrangeas.  They are such a beautiful shade of blue.  Aren't these pretty?



Last night, I had so much work that I wanted to finish up, but this old body had other ideas.  Instead, Pogo and I went to bed early.  In a little while, I will get dressed and back to work here.  I still have to toss a lot of things.  Deciding what to keep and what to toss is the big problem.  I suppose when you get this old, everything around you has some sort of sentimental value. 

I have to give credit to all the folks who are able to accomplish a project like this.  My kids have a better way of doing things.  If they haven't used something in the past year or so, they toss it.  My way is "if I haven't used it in a few years I might still need it tomorrow"  or "so and so gave that to me and I can't part with it", etc. 

In the evening, when I turn in, I sometimes do some "word find" puzzles to unwind and rest my brain.  In doing so, I have discovered something interesting.  Dyslexia can sometimes have its good points.  When I am searching for words, I can read them backwards or forwards.  Sometimes a certain part of a word will be real easy to find, and all of this makes it easier to solve the word puzzle.  Hmmm, definitely an interesting thought.

Okay, enough babbling.  I really need to get back to work here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.  (I promise not to be so crabby tomorrow)

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on baby girl -- she is beautiful. Edna, I understand everything you are saying about purging the stuff that is surrounding you / and keeping what has sentimental value ----- several people have advised me to "take a picture" that you can keep and let the item go (toss, recycle, give to charity or thrift store, sell ). As I know all too well, It is difficult, but in the end I have found it liberating. Also, a good rule for books, magazines, etc is ---when a new one comes in -- the oldest one goes out (tough for me -- especially with garden, cookbooks, recipe mags and holiday mags, but there is sooooo much on the net today & I have also become a Pinterest addict.) Also I was told that all this purging is so difficult because it dredges up so many emotions -- so do it in small blocks of time -- 1/2 hr at most & then come back to it later.

Good luck, Donna

The Queen Jester said...

I agree about this stinking heat - when Left Brain WANTS the AC on, you know it's hot hot hot.
Those blue hydrangea are gorgeous, we could only ever grow the white or pink varities without a lot of extra time and money spent to change the soil acidity.
You have yourself a pleasant day and try to stay cool.

smiekeltje said...

Oh I understand you so well, alking about the problems when hetting rid of things! Most of the things do have some value, mostly emotional, and bring up all kind of memories! But at some time we do have to toss things away, just keep a few things that have real importance to you and all the other, has to go. Yes, difficult, but necessary.
And e all are entitled to have a crabby day at times LOL!
I did take an easy day yesterday, and feeling much better. We'll see what to do today, I can choose from my list, hahahaha!
Take care, take the time and enough breaks, if you feel to it.
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra