Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Cooler Air Feels Sooooooo Good!

July 25, 2013

Good morning.  At the moment, it is in the 60's here, and it feels super!  The royal baby has been given a name, HRH George Alexander Louis, and Pogo gave me a kiss this morning.  So I guess all is well with the world.

Pogo and I got up early this morning to pick up Jasmine and take her to school for her gymnastic classes.  We'll go back in a couple of hours to pick her up.  Then I think we'll spend the afternoon catching up on some sleep.  Last night the air was sticky and I did not get very much sleep. 

Yesterday afternoon, I went out to my garden to get some new photos.  Unfortunately, the stem of one of the tall new lilies had broken so I had to pick the flowers and put them in a vase.  (Actually, it is just one stem with three blossoms.)  What a beauty this lily is.  And the blossoms on it are really huge!   This stem has three blossoms.  The one near my hand is just ONE blossom.  They are so big and really beautiful.



In another part of the garden, Joe and I each have a tomato plant.  These plants are growing fabulously, and have lots of green tomatoes growing.  Oh boy, I feel a bumper crop coming on!


At work, there are a lot more butterflies this year than there were last year.  Also the dragonflies are more plentiful.  Thank goodness for that because it gives me more opportunities to get some great new photos.  Here is one of the butterflies from the Mrs' backyard a couple of days ago.


My butterfly bushes are sprouting lots of blooms now too, so I'm hoping that we get some of these big beautiful butterflies in my yard soon.  Now I have to go set out my clothes for work tonight, and do up a few breakfast dishes. 

 I have slacked off on getting my place cleared out because I haven't really been feeling so hot lately.  It takes me forever to do just a little bit.   I think once my stress level is back in check, things will get back to normal.  Well, at least I hope so.  Now I'm off to play in the kitchen sink.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Here in Ham-a-lot George has taken to wanting to be called "your Highness" now and insists on being referred to as George the First and the poor hairless baby is George the Second.
Those lilies are striking and so huge! I saw some wild tiger lilies in a ditch the other day. I just love the way they curl under. So many wonderful things are orange.

Debby said...

Such beautiful pictures.
So glad that you and Pogo have each other.
I am worried about you. Are you okay. I hope you feel better soon.

smiekeltje said...

You do sound a bit tired, sweetie! Oh well, you leave the clearing out for a wile, you just start again with it when you really feel up to it.
Oh, you lillies are awesome!
And so is the butterfly.
Hopefully you will have some days off now, you did more than uisual, because ofthe covering for a collegue. But you need some days to relax.
Take care
Hug
Kyra