Monday, July 8, 2013

Some Guys Look So Darn Good Naked!

July 8, 2013

Of course, you know I mean my little Pogo.  I have a small fan on the floor blowing cool air towards his little bed, and he's enjoying the breeze on his glorious nakedness.  All the best comforts for my little guy.


Good morning from sticky Massachusetts.  Today will be a little bit cooler (mid 80's), but the stickies will still be here.  Sad to say, we wait so long for summer and the good weather to get here, and when it finally arrives it is too hot and sticky to enjoy.  What's the old saying?  "You can't win for losing"?

I have a cute photo to share this morning.  Yesterday, on my way home from work, I passed a large group of Momma Turkeys out for a stroll with all their young ones.  Of course, I pulled over to take some photos.  Here's one of the Mommas with her three little ones.  Aren't they just the cutest?


I also  have a couple of photos of the Swan family to share.  Dee Dee took these photos with her phone.  Sad to say, there is only one baby left, but it sure is a cutie.



This morning, after I've enjoyed my cup of coffee, I shall have to call Virgin Mobil to complain again about why I cannot use my broadband stick.  When you pay money for more time, it only lasts for 30 days whether you use it or not.  I don't mind that, but I do mind it when I am not able to use it.

If I don't get the issue resolved, I will ask for my money back, and then shop around for another type of internet to go.  Hot spots are of no use when you live or work in the country.  All the hot spots are usually located near shopping areas or food places. 

I have bouts of withdrawal when I cannot use the internet on my laptop.  I'm even tempted to offer to pay the bill for the folks next door (at work) so that they can get their service turned back on.  Of course, I won't do that.  I'm not supposed to know why it isn't working.  Ah well, I'll survive.

Now I want to take a walk around the yard to see if there are any new blossoms.  Plus, I have to check on the trap that we had to set up again.  There is a big woodchuck out here, and he's been dining on my flowers.  This just will not do! 

Enough of my blabbing.  I hope the weather is good where ever you are.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Is that to say that there aren't some guys (other than Pogo) who look so darn good naked:) Who looks, right?

Our weather is good today. It is raining and it has cooled everything down some. We haven't had rain for a week so this is good for the flowers. We do have the stickies too, though. Oh that humidity ... summer would be so fine without it (don't ask the plants, though)

I am waiting to hear from my friend. Her daughter is expecting my friend's first grandchild any time now, but we want to go see "The Lone Ranger" first. Think we can get it in? I hope so ... I have been waiting a long time for this movie. I grew up on The Lone Ranger (and Tonto ... and really, in this movie, Tonto is the issue). It will be a trip down memory lane to see the movie and to have Johnny Depp as Tonto, that is a plus ... a very big plus :)

We have a family of ground hogs that live on our hill. They stay out there for the most part and they also come up and eat under my Yum Yum Tree (the tree where I put seed out for the squirrels and feed out for the ducks). I really don't care who eats it ... they can fight that out amomng themselves. There is nothing but weeds and grass to eat on the hill, so I'm not worried about them being there ... wish they would eat some of the weeds a little faster though ... save us from having to weed whack down there.

It is raining pretty hard which makes a long inside day for Izzi. She is already revving up her inside games so I know she is missing the running outside. We do go out if it is a light rain ... if we play at the end of the yard under the big oak, we don't get wet. But, probaby not today. Must go now, she is shoving Wabbity Wabit into my lap. That is to say "lets play!". Have a wonderful day, Edna and hugs to Pogo the cool little naked boy :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Well...that title certainly got MY attention. I should have figured it would Pogo, and that's just fine with me.
We had a heavy rain yesterday so I'm hoping that helps our case of the hot and sticky.
You are so right, we waited a long time for summer and it hit with a bang where you can't go outside to enjoy it. Thank G-d for AC!

Nani said...

The rain has been keeping the temps a little lower here for the last week, but it will be moving on soon, thank goodness! I’m glad Pogo has someplace comfortable to do his nude breeze bathing! Here, I don’t think cats know the meaning of “too hot.”

Watching the wildlife little ones if truly an wonder with a MAJOR cute factor! We fed the raccoons one year and saw them every night. When mama had her babies, the first time out of the nest she showed them where the good restaurant was so we got to watch 5 baby coons grow up. :)

Now it looks like rain (again) so I’m going to heat up lunch just in case it storms and the power goes out. It really seldom happens, but I don’t feel like cold lunch just in case!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Pogo looks adorable as usual. I bet he is grateful for the little fan on the floor!
And I love the little turkeys and the swan. Young animals always have something special.
Today will be still a nice day here, but weather tomorrow and on Thursday could be a bit less. Oh well, a light and not too long rainshower would be nice. But it looks as if later this week and also next week we will have summer back. Let's hope so.
And I am planning to start painting the kitchen walls today, I found paint for it. It isn;t white, but has a tiny little color in it, on the can it says "Blossom White".
I think that when it is done, the kitchen will look much better, fresh and light again.
Have a wonderful day!
Hug
Kyra