Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Not So Happy With Adobe Today

July 30, 2013

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's looking really nice outside.  Maybe if I can get a few things done around here today, Pogo and I can get outside for a while.   I set my clock so that I would not sleep late.  I tend to do housework slowly, so it's better to start early.

Yesterday I went to Walmart and bought a cute little Bissell vacuum cleaner with hose attachments.   Today, I will try out the space saver storage bags that I bought a while ago.   You put in a whole pile of blankets, suck the air out of the bag, and voila!  The bag is now only about as thick as one blanket.  Well, at least that's sort of how it works.  Today I'm going to try it out.

Well, I have just now taken a forty five minute break and assembled my new little orange vacuum cleaner.  The good thing is how little it weighs.   It's not a bad deal for $35 plus tax.


The theme this week in the Photography Plus forum is photos expressing feelings in either people or animals.  I dug out this cute photo of Pogo from last summer.  (He doesn't wear a collar anymore.  Instead he wears a harness.)   He was howling away and the expression on his face was priceless. 


I also have a couple of photos from my garden.  These are two of the hydrangea  blossoms.  One from the white bush and one from the blue bush.   There haven't been any pink blooms yet.  Hopefully, the weather will settle down, and all the plants will be back to blooming again. 



Lately, I've been so busy with other things  that I almost forgot about ordering my newest blog book.  This year I will break it into three books.   I tend to post a lot more photos now, so the books are getting quite thick.   Maybe I can get that done this afternoon. 

Last night, I finally made my decision to purchase the new Adobe Cloud so that I can continue to use my Photoshop.  You can't buy the product in a box anymore.  Instead, you have to purchase a one year contract (renewable each year)  and pay monthly payments to Adobe.   They say this is to make it easier to give us new updates to the program, but I say it is all about making more money. 

In any event, I purchased the product, but then could not download it to my laptop.   I tried several times with the help of their on line chat technicians, but it just would not download.  I tried calling Adobe Customer Support, but after being on hold for twenty minutes, I finally hung up the phone.

Tonight, hopefully Wayne will be able to come by and try to get the program installed for me.  If he cannot do this, I will be one very unhappy Adobe customer.  I just don't understand why it has to be such a hassle to use a product once you have purchased it. 

Well enough of my grumbling.  It's time to get busy here and try out that cute new vacuum cleaner.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I'll grumble with you ... I am not happy with Adobe either. My Photoshop program keeps freezing and then I get a message that Adobe Photoshop is not working and ZAP, all of my work is gone. Sometimes it has been saved because I have learned to save as I go, but every once in awhile, it will catch me and I lose an hours worth of work ... %**!?%!

I love your picture of Pogo ... it certainly captured emotion and I had to laugh. He is just such a cutie. No wonder Izzi is in love with him. We have a new cute little dog next door (yes, the neighbor's from HELL have gone). Our new neighbors are wonderful and they have a little dog that is a "Meke" (sp?). It is a cross between a Japanese something and something else ... (I am just full of good information this morning). But it is quiet and calm and Izzi seems to enjoy him. She is a little tentative about him coming in our yard (understandable after the experience she had with the last two dogs that lived there for a year), but her little butt wiggles when she sees him which tells me that she really wants to play with him and probably will when they get better aquainted.
What a pleasant change.

A vacuum cleaner for $35.00 ... I'm shocked. You will have to tell me how it works for you. My daughter could use one and if it is light weight, that would be great. I am excited for you ... though I really don't often get excited over things that mean "house work". You have been on a roll this summer with your house. I actually have caught some of that enthusiasum from you, but I spend as much of it on the outside as I can, Ha! Speaking of outside, I have to go clean our landing. We finally got rid of the three pier pieces that we didn't use this year (we build new ones every year to replace old ones that are getting weak)and now my way is clear to clean it up. I love sitting down there and listening to the birds and the water lapping ... boy, I can get lost in nature's melodies. So, I better get going. You have a great day and I will be waiting to hear how the vacuum cleaner works :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Looks so cute your new vaccum cleaner. And the best is that it weighs not much. Now if it works okay too, you have a great bargain!
Oh whee, Pogo looks so "dangeraous"LOL!
What a mess with Adobe for you!
Their programs are expensive enough and why it is always such a pain to update and such (and often that is with a lot other ones too!).
Hope you Wayne gets it working for you.
Don;t let it spoil your day.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, wow, hot already! never dropped below 82 and to be 102 today with the humidity at 60%, it is very oppressive! Heat advisory for next 48 hours of indices of 108-115. Today, I stay inside with the cool air! LOL! Let's see how much trouble I can get into! LOL!
Great photo of Pogo, he surely looks more calm and relaxed now days! The hydrangea is very lovely too, both of them!
Have a fantastic day you two! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Pogo looks like he's singing at the top of his lungs...so cute.

Nani said...

I'm in the middle of catching up so I am behind and will be reading back before this day, but the not happy with Adobe caught my eye on the way back. But I am SO with you on the not at all pleased part!

I chatted with a customer service rep online about the "cloud" concept and asked him to explain why the pay every month instead of owning the software was a good concept for me. (blah, blah, blah, sales pitch, just give us your credit card information) In other words, he couldn't. I rephrased what he told me "So, if I am a freelance designer in this less than ideal economy and there comes a month where I can't make the payment on my software lease, you'll take away the tool I need to ever work again?"

I think I could see him sweat defeat in the chat box on that one. I think he said something like they’d just charge my credit card, but I don’t use my credit card for a recurring purchase, if I can’t afford that on my debt card I can’t afford it. I guess Adobe doesn’t want to be used by anyone that’s not a big media business.

On a happier note; I adore that picture of Pogo from last year! It's just begging to be a "LOL Dog " and have one of the funny captions if Pogo wants to be an Internet Star. hehe

You chose that vacuum cleaner because it's orange, right? ;) I want to see if I can find a really light vacuum that I can use while sitting. That would be great and I wouldn't have to hear David complain abut my popcorn habit. (Inevitably some of it never makes it to my mouth!)

I'm going to continue back reading some more and will likely leave a few more comments as the day progresses.

Hugs, Nani