Monday, July 29, 2013

Having Hairy Feet Can Be A Good Thing

July 29, 2013

Good morning.  So far, this morning is cloudy and comfy cool.  I was able to have the sun roof open part way on the way home this morning and it felt sooooo good!  I'm really enjoying Baby Blue Eyes.  I just need a few extra hours each day so that I can sit down and get familiar with the manual. 

I did learn one more new thing -- how to turn down the volume for the phone.   I was chatting with Deanne a couple of days ago and the volume was so loud.  I asked her how to adjust the volume, and she explained it to me.  Ahhh, so simple, really!!  Thanks Dee Dee.

This morning's TV fare is "Cat In The Hat".  It's actually quite interesting, and teaches lots of fun stuff.  Today we are learning how spiders are able to walk on  water.  Imagine!  Having lots of air bubbles underneath your hairy feet makes it possible to walk on top of the water!  I don't know about you, but I did not know this.  Of course, I don't have hairy feet, so this won't really help me to walk on water.

Today is Mandarin Orange Monday, and I have a couple of butterfly photos to share.   This past week was my week for lots of new bug photos. 



Yesterday, I mentioned that I wanted to learn a bit about "street photography".   Let me share what I have learned so far.  Basically, it's just photographing interesting things and people -- seeking out expressive faces, hands or postures that show an emotion and invoke a feeling in the viewer.  Look for interesting scenes that tell a story, or photograph someone in front of an interesting background. 

There is a world full of interesting subjects out there.  One just has to look around.  There's also a very interesting web site where you can learn more about this and other fun photography.  Check out "Picture Correct".  If you sign up, you can receive new photography tips in your email.

Here's a photo of one of the many orange tiger lilies growing in my yard.  They are double and ruffly, and quite gorgeous. 


Now I want to get busy here.  Maybe I can do a load of laundry or something before I succumb to nap time.  Later I want to go to Walmart and get me a new small vacuum with hoses.  I need them to suck the air out of the new storage bags.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Mats World said...

WOW more fabulous photos. Love the orange butterfly and the lily! Great page of your new Baby Blue Eyes and Pogo that Kyra did for you. The dragonflies are terrific too. You are getting some fabulous shots.
Well, caught up on the reading and it is Monday, so guess I best get come work done to earn my pay! Have a fantabulous day and will check in later this week!
Hugs, Mat

Monica S Engell said...

Fantastic shot of this beautiful orange colored butterfly! Well done!
:)

Mariane (from Denmark) said...

I say!! What a wonderful and amazing photo of the butterfly - splendid!!

I read your story of today - you have already done a lot - superb - I live in Denmark and the day is almost gone it is 17:00 (5 pm) :D Thank you so much for sharing!!!

smiekeltje said...

Again some great shots of a butterfly!
Looking forward to see you do some street photography!
But it can be tricky, or not, to just photograph people you don;t know. Some might not like it, so be careful.
That sun roof in Baby Bule Eyes must be wonderful! Have some fun at Walmart, and take a quiet day!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Butterflies are so beautiful and wonderously orange. I was wondering where the "Having Hairy Feet can be a good thing: was going to go...nice lead in.

Karen said...

Oh my, what wonderful photos of the beautiful butterlies! Nice blog! I am your newest follower.