Tuesday, July 2, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEANNE MARIE

July 2, 2013

Good morning.  Today is Dee Dee's birthday.  May happiness and love be yours all day long, and follow you all through the year.  Happy Birthday Sweetie.  I love you.  I think today is the perfect day to share one of my fabulous new layouts that Kyra made for me.  This was us last year, coming home from a baseball game.


Today it's cloudy, but nice, outside my window.  This is how it has been going for quite some time now.  In two or three hours the sun will probably be shining with a little breeze floating on by.  I could learn to like this new weather pattern.  Yesterday I forgot to post the calendar page for July so let me put it up now.

 
Once I get the laundry and the vacuuming done today, I want to spend some time working on photo manipulation.  Some of the folks at the Photography Plus forum have done some magnificent work so now I want to try my hand at it too.  The wonderful thing about belonging to such a great group is that we learn from each other.  So, if you have a camera and want to learn more about how to take better photos, stop by the forum and have a look around. 

I do have a new photoart to share this morning.  I've blended two photos, a texture overlay and a blending mode in Photoshop.  I don't feel that it is finished yet, but I am at a standstill with it.  It's called "Springtime".


Now I must get busy and start the laundry.  It's the only part of housework that I like to do.  When I get done folding the clean clothes,  I have a sense of accomplishing something.  When I do housework, no one could ever tell that I had actually done it.  It's just not one of my talents. 

Enough of my rambling.  Till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

An unfinished masterpiece ... it is truely beautiful. Now I am feeling challenged, but don't seem to have time to do anything. Going away for just a weekend seems to have put me waaaaaay behind. It is evening and I am just reading my blog and commenting ... don't have any time for my creative juices to flow. But, good that you do because that is a beautiful piece.

So Happy BD to Deanne ... I know you are proud of her and she is a beautiful young lady. A very special day indeed. And, coming up on your one year with the Pogo ... isn't it wonderful and amazing how time flies. Seems like Pogo has always been here to me ... maybe because it hasn't been much more than a year since we met each other.

Izzi had a good time on her first trip. She slept in the car so no problem. I wasn't sure because she whines a lot when I am driving her around town. When we got to the motel, she was very happy to see that we had a big bed to sleep in ... which meant she could sleep with me (and she did, like a baby). The Trial was great, the people were fun and the country ... well, guess what, Ohio looks just like Illinois so that was no biggy. Even the birds were the same ... hmmmmm. But we were in the country (and I do mean, farm country) and the food was really good, old fashioned and fresh. What a treat. So now I have to try to get caught up around here ... that's the problem with vacations, there is always a price to pay. Hope you had a great weekend, Edna. Love to Pogo from the oh so pooped Isabeau :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I lost track of time and didn't realize that it was July - I need to turn the page on my calendar!
I love the springtime creation you have put together. I've been trying to stay active with the Photography site but sometimes it seems awkward to navigate.

smiekeltje said...

You pass on a happy birthday wish to DeeDee!
The photo art you show looks interesting and fun. Sometimes something is created just "by accident"and sometimes it takes "hard work". I think that is one of the fun parts being creative.
You are right about the laundry, once everything is folded and out away it feels as if a big job is done. LOL!
You have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy Birthday DeeDee, may you be blessed with a special day and many more birthdays to come! :)
Lovely great grand baby to Edna, congrats on #8. You are so blessed!
Great layouts that Kyra is doing for you, before long you will have enough to print a book. She does lovely work doesn't she?
Thanks for the lovely 4th page, very nice!
I will be MIA for a couple days, gonna take a mini vacation break while I am still employed and have the cash....LOL!
Have a safe and happy 4th making lots of terrific memories.
Hugs, Mat