Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Adobe, I Don't Like You Anymore!

July 31, 2013

Well, it's almost noon time.  I've been so busy around here that by the end of the day I can't tell which part of the body hurts the most.  I just plop into the lounge chair and rest the whole body.  I do think that I will start slowing down again. 

The new little orange vacuum cleaner is working just fine.  I even packed one of those "air" storage bags and then Joe hooked up the vacuum hose and pulled the air out of the bag.  Boy oh boy, that bag sure did get heavy!  Sort of like a block of compressed coffee grounds, but much bigger. 

A little while ago, I sat down to read some of my email and got another fabulous surprise from my friend Kyra. There were three new scrapbook pages.  Woo Hoo!!!   Folks, I am going to have the best scrap book ever! 




Are these not beautiful?  I am so in awe of Kyra's creative talent.  Thank you Kyra.  You have given me huge smiles today.  I have another very creative person dear to me.  My SIL Edie also is very talented.  Later today, I will take a photo of the gift she made for me and post it here tomorrow.  I will even tell you how she made it. 

Well, remember I said that Wayne, my PC guru, was coming by last evening to try to install the Photoshop Cloud that I purchased?  Well he tried for an hour and a half, but had no success.  He even had to uninstall my Norton because there was no way to shut it off.  It cost me $30 to get it reinstalled and turned back on.  Add that to Wayne's fee, and this new Adobe Cloud  has been quite costly, corrupted and useless.

I finally had to cancel my subscription and ask for a refund.   So much for Photoshop and progress.  I don't have to tell you how very unhappy I am with Adobe.  Did you know that there is also NO WAY to call, talk or chat with anyone from the company?  You can leave a message in one of their forums, or speak to someone in India (I guess that's where he was, it was hard to understand him).  Adobe's customer service STINKS!

Let's not get me going off on another rant here.  I think I will meander out to the kitchen and rustle up some lunch for myself and Pogo.  Have I told you that he is getting more free with his doggie kisses?  I've been getting two or three of them a week lately.  I think he likes it.  I know I do! 

Okay, that's it for today.  Till tomorrow, be safe and Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I think Adobe is so big they can't control themselves. And isn't it a shame that they can't hire Americans to support their American clients. I guess we wont work for small enough wages to suit their CEO bonuses. But if things continue as they have been we soon won't have any choice ... low wages means more money for the one percent ... Well, sorry! I guess I am ranting on your time. Let's move on ...

This is another nothing day. It is wet and gray outside ... can't work in the gardens, don't want to work in the house ... hmmmm.
Guess maybe I will start going through drawers and closets in the Granddaughters room. She has outgrown most of whats in there so it is time to send them out to someone who can use them. Good, now that I am thinking outloud, I have a plan for this afternoon ... but first, Lunch :) Have a good one Edna and loves to the Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I feel your pain. It was so nice to be able to actually talk to a live person in the past and get answers to your questions. Now it's all automated and so impersonal ...if any help at all.

smiekeltje said...

What a real mess with your new Adobe program!
It is indeed hopeless that the "support"is very hard to get.
Skip that program, hopefully you will get the refund.
Must say that till now I am very happy with my PSE 8. probably dowsn;t have all the possibilities of the big brother photoshop, but it is enough for me. Hopefully it will stay working as it is for a loooong time.
You are right to take a good break from all the hustle, and have a good stretch in your lounge chair!
We're going to have a hot day, and tomorrow could be even warmer. Oh well, it will probably be for these two days, then temps will drop again a bit, no complaining, it is so nice to be able to have the garden doors opened all evening!
Think I will get us some icecream for this evening and the weekend.
Have a lovely day, take care and as much rest as possible. Some things can wait to be done!
Hug
Kyra