Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A New Future King Is Born

Good morning.  The wait is over.  Kate and Will have a baby boy.  Soon, I hope, they will announce the new baby's name.  I think this is so exciting.  I watched (on TV)  when Queen Elizabeth was crowned Queen,  when Prince Charles and Diana were married, as Prince William romped on the castle grounds as a small boy, as William and Kate were married, and now as a new future king is born  and soon to be presented to the world.   Awesome!

Another story in the news is about the medical college that is accepting undocumented students.  They showed a student (brought here from Mexico as a child) who says he just wants the same opportunities as everyone else.  He has been here most of his life enjoying the "good life" AND YET HE IS STILL NOT A CITIZEN!  He did not say he was going to become one, either.

All these years and he (and his family) couldn't find the time to become citizens.  WHY?  I think all children should have the opportunity to follow their dreams, but let's be fair.  In order to enjoy the privileges that Americans work hard for, I think immigrants should become citizens.  This young person is being given a seat in college that I'm sure could have been filled by an American Citizen.

The "officials" say that we have a shortage of qualified college students to fill the jobs that America needs filled.  WELL, HELLO!  Make college more affordable, and the country will be overrun with "qualified" young adults!!!!!   College tuitions have been priced right out of most of our children's hopes and dreams.  There is no need for this, and it should be unacceptable to all of us.

Okey dokey.  The decision makers are never going to ask for my opinion, so my rant is over.  How about some photos.  Yesterday (while at work) I noticed through the window what appeared to be a dragonfly on a branch, so I grabbed my camera and went out to get some photos.  Well, surprise, surprise.  It was not a dragonfly.  Instead, I got these photos.




Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time.   You just never know what sort of opportunity will pop up.   I really do not like bugs, but they always seem to present me with some very interesting photos.

Well, now it's time to see what's for lunch, and maybe do another load of laundry.  I need to call Big Brother, Big Sister and apologize for not putting their bag of donated goods outside this morning.  I had the bad ready, but forget to put it out.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Rant away, my friend and then make sure you make your opinion known when you vote! I am not sure about the student ... if his parents are illegal there has not been a pathway to citizenship for them ... only deportation if they come forward. That is part of what the imigration debate is about in congress. I think this kid would love to become a citizen and to contribute to society if given the opportunity. A law was passed allowing the children who were brought here and grew up here a chance to go to college. Yes, you are right ... there are a lot who game the system that need to be addressed. Problem is, it is hard to tell the good guys from the bad ones. A very big, messy issue ... and worth a rant!

Love the bug picture, though I don't think that wasp is well intentioned. Nature can be nasty at times. But, I agree, what a great catch with your camera. There is a lot of orange in there ... could be good for MOM :) Just sayin'

I have finally cut my grass. We had a storm come through last night and left our morning cool, though humid. I got it done early before it started warming up ... so glad that is over for a few days. I have many, many weeds to contend with though ... it never seems to end. Think I'll go down and whip up some lunch and stop thinking about work for awhile. You have yourself a wonderful day, Edna and hugs to Pogo. Haven't seen the little boy for awhile ... need pictures ... Izzi is asking :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Great action shot with the bugs engaging in survival in nature.
We are awaiting the name of the baby - of course we all are rooting for George.

smiekeltje said...

We have a bit the same issue with immigrants, specially children, here.
It is a difficult subject, and you mst have a possibility to tell who is a "good"one and who isn;t.
Sometimes poeple who apply for asylum here, have to wait too long for a decision, there are some who wait for 7 years or more. In the mean time, if it is a family, the children get schooling, learn the language and all, and then should go back to their country again. Almost impossible for them to do, they are already so used to the life here. And in a lot of cases also impossible for them to return to their home country, because they aren;t accepted anymore or will be arrested and even murdered. So there are a lot of different situations to consider, each one of them is different, and they aren;t all just economical immigrants. I suppose the discussion will never end, and solutions for the problem will never be fair to each and everyone.
Still warm here, although this morning it is a bit cloudy.
May be a good day to get some things done.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra