Sunday, May 26, 2013

Up For A Little Bit

May 26, 2013

I can't believe it's already Sunday.  Seems like I've lost an entire week.  I want to thank all of you for your well wishes.  I'm still down with this nasty bug, but I've been able to stay up now for over an hour without falling over.  lol.  I will lick this thing, but it's taking a long time to do it.

I finally called my doctor last Wednesday and he phoned in a prescription for me.  I don't know if the medicine is making things better yet.  I haven't had much of an appetite this past week, and I feel so much thinner.  Of course, one look in the mirror lets me know that is a myth. 

My Deanne and Eddie (God bless them) have been checking on me and getting whatever Pogo and I need.  Oh yes, my little man has also caught a bit of this nasty bug.  He does his best to get to his potty patch, and when he can't he at least makes it to a scatter rug.  Most of his time is spent sleeping in his little house or snuggled up in the blankets with me. 

I have a photo to share of a tiny hummingbird that I took when I was last at work.  It was sitting on a branch inside the rhododendron bush and cleaning itself.   The photo was taken through the window, but I thought it came out good enough to share.  Isn't it a cutie?


Now I must get back to my blankets and my ginger ale and saltines.  (sea salt)  I will catch up with all my blog reading as soon as I can.  Boy oh boy, do I miss that!  But all the coughing and fevers keeps my head hurting too much to read.  Now I'm getting a bit light so I will leave for now.  Till I'm up again, than you for caring and Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Poor Edna. I was worrying a bit when I didn;t see a posting of you the other day.
You really caught a nasty bug it seems. Hope the medicine of the doctor will do a proper job and get you on your feet again. Glad Deanne and Eddy are taking care of you.
Take care, try to sleep a lot, stay warm, and hopefully soon you will feel better.
Healing hug on it's way to you!
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I am so glad to hear from you finally, though I am so sorry you are sick. It sounds that you got a whopper of a virus this time ... out of nowhere! We have been looking for you every day and have missed your cheery pick me up that I always start my day with. I am glad you are on the mend ... take your time. We will survive without you until you are well and we will keep you in our prayers.

Poor little Pogo ... he must be having sympathy illness. Izzi and I are missing both of you. Stay quiet and warm, drink fluids and follow the doctors directions and we will see you soon. Hugs to both of you ...

Andrea & Izzi

Debby said...

You must have something bad. Hope you get better soon. If not go see that doctor. Glad he didn't make you come in. That is always so miserable when you feel like that. Hoping Pogo feels better soon as well. (((((HUGS))))

aquascrap said...

Thank goodness there is a post from you this morning when I came to read the blogs.....I was becoming a little concerned.

Sounds as if you have got a really bad case of the flu...I'm praying that you can quickly get over it and get back to normal.

Hugs to you and Pogo

Judy xx

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Poor lady...hope this passes real soon, surely the meds are kicking in some by now. I think you need some homemade chicken noodle soup...you need the nutrients in it to get well, remember must starve a fever, but FEED a cold to make it go away! Pogo is probably having sympathy for you, bless his heart, glad he snuggles with you to keep you warm! Praying for you! Hugs, Mat

Nani said...

I was away from the computer for a couple days and I have a friend in the hospital and hadn't heard from you for a couple of days and I really was concerned about not being connected! I'm so glad to see a post from you and to hear you're on the mend! Poor Pogo has it too. That's got to make it feel even worse for you both that you can comfort each other.

I've never seen a humming bird sitting still! (Wonderful catch!)

Take it easy and keep getting better!

Big hugs, Nani