Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This Old Bird Is Going To Make It

May 28, 2013

Good morning.  Well, the fever finally broke yesterday!  It felt so good to have dry hair on my head all day.  It's been such a soggy mess all week.  I'm not going to wash it just yet though.  It's rather cool in here so I'll wait a day or two till it warms up a bit more. 

Yesterday afternoon, Pogo and I stepped outside for a few minutes to soak up some of that beautiful sunshine.  It seems that while we've been sick in bed, the grass has been growing leaps and bounds.  Pogo found this to be quite fun.



While Pogo was enjoying his safari through the grass jungle, my family was attending the local Memorial Day Parade.  We are a very patriotic family as you can see by these wonderful photos taken by one of the local newspapers.  This is Eddie and Dee Dee.   So many members of our family are veterans.  Can you tell we are very proud of all our veterans and our military?



I spent some time last evening trying to get caught up on all of my blog reading.  I did make a pretty good dent in it!  Hopefully, today I will catch up with everyone.  As for my email, well that will take a bit longer.  There is a ton of it waiting for my perusal. 

Pretty soon, I'll get back to making more freebies for you too.  My concentration isn't up to snuff yet, but I'm working on it.   There is so much that I want to work on so I'll be busy for quite a while. 

Today, I want to call my doctor to let him know how I'm doing.  Maybe he will know of a way to get rid of this nasty cough.    It is a dry, unproductive cough, and very annoying.  It's also the main cause of my headaches.  But as long as the fever is gone, I will assume that the rest will follow soon. 

My hubby once told me that pickle juice was the best thing for sore throats.  Well, I must confess that it does help quite a bit.  The pickle tastes real good too!  This past week, I enjoyed three big fat pickles, along with a few teaspoons of pickle juice.  It worked wonders on my very sore throat.

Now I'm off to the kitchen to see about making a cup of coffee.  I may even try a big bowl of cereal too.  Ohhhhhhhhh my, after crackers and ginger ale all week, that raisin bran sounds so decadent!  Oh Lord, I think my mind is slipping away.  Be well folks.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I am so relieved to hear you are up and well again. That was scary how sick you were and for so long!
Pogo must feel like that grass is a jungle to him, he's so tiny. What excitement it must be to be a small creature in a big world. We saw Epic with the kids over the weekend and it gave some insight to that feeling. I think I like being bigger, even if I'm too big in some spots and not tall enough to reach many things.

Nani said...

YAY for the fever breaking! May it STAY that way!

The grass and Pogo were about the same height; no wonder he enjoyed the safari. Kinda like humans in a corn maze.

I love Eddie’s shirt! I’ve seen it before, even used the statement on a scrapbook page. It really does say it perfectly.

I won’t feel at all slighted if you don’t reply to the email I sent; you’ve answered it by posting again and letting us all know you’re feeling better!!

I’m going to try that pickle juice the next time I have a sore throat! I love pickles and I was always scolded for drinking the pickle juice when I was little. Ha! I can defend it now! lol

Keep feeling better and better til you are 100% the Edna we know and love!

Hugs, Nani

aquascrap said...

It's great to hear that you are finally on the mend. Make the most of the sunshine and enjoy your bowl of cereal.

Love the pics of Eddie and DeeDee.

Hugs
Judy xx

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Decadent Raison Bran ... who would have thunk it :)
So good to have you back to being your cheery self. We certainly have missed you and have worried about you. I am glad you are communicating with your doctor ... he can get you through the home stretch.

Pickle juice, have never heard of that. I do know salt is good for mouth sores ... gargling salt water is also good for sore throats so maybe that is why. I know that it speeds up the healing by killing the bacteria involved and maybe as an added bonus, it soooths :)

I love Pogo in the grass ... he is having so much fun. But then there is the need to cut the grass that comes to mind. I hate it when my grass gets long because then I have to use the bag and that is such a pain. And what do you do with the clippings ... I don't have an official compost bin. I make compost out of the seed droppings under my bird feeders, but no place to put the grass clippings.

How is your weather out there? We have been in the 50's for several days, but today they say it will get to 80. Crazy, huh? It is rainy though ... no sunshine yet. I am looking forward to a sunshiny day, but not to heat. We haven't had any of our beautiful 70 degree days this year. Don't know what this world is coming to ...

Won't keep you. I have a picture project I am working on for a friend and need to finish up. You stay quiet and yes, soak in some of those rays ... Stay well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

So happy to read you are without fever now! But be careful for any drafts, stay well dressed, nice and warm.!
If you have a hairdryer arond, you could think of washing your hair and immediately dry it with the dryer. You will feel A LOT better.
And yes, call your doctor for that dry cough and soar throat, I;ll bett he will have something for it.
But take care, sweetie, and give your body time to recover completely, so lots of sleep, eat all decadent food you can find LOL, doesn;t matter what, as long as you eat again, to gain strength again.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Yay! So happy you will make it! Hopefully you will stay well! Pogo looks so cute, hunting in the high grass! Great photos of Eddie and DeeDee! Hope you have a wonderful day of playing catch up AFTER you enjoy the sunshine first though! Hugs for you and Pogo! Mat