Thursday, May 16, 2013

Another Busy Day

May 16, 2013

Don't look now, but we've already passed the middle point in this merry month of May.  I just can't get over how quickly the days are going by.  We waited so long for Spring to get here, yet before you know it Winter will be here again. 

This will be a short post because I have to get  ready to leave in a little while for my doctor appointments.  One is with the eye doctor, and I'm looking forward to that one.  It's been a long while since I last had my eyes checked, and I probably need new glasses.  The other appointment is just to check to see if the breathing medicine is helping.  It seems to be working much better than the other medicine. 

Yesterday,  Pogo and I went back to see the swans again.  No babies yet, but it was so interesting.  I took more photos but I still have to look through them to see how they came out.  Later, we visited with Janet and then it was time to pick Jasmine up at school. 

By 8 o'clock last night, Pogo and I were already in bed for the night.  Before long, I was sound asleep.  Think I was tired?  Yeah, just a little.  I have some hummingbird photos that I took through the Mrs' living room window.  The sun was going down fast, so I used the flash. 







Now I really must get going.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

How on earth did you take pictures through a window with a flash ... if I were to use a flash on my windows all I get is a big glare. But this cute little guy looks great. What's your secret?

I just realized I am two days behind. I forgot that yesterday I had a doctors appointment ... a GI screening if you get my gist and the day before was the "prep" which is worse than the test.

I love your swan pictures and the big beautiful eggs. We have a pair in the channel, but I think they are a little behind yours time wise ... I'm not expecting to see bundles for another week or so. They are adorable though ... I hope you get pictures. I rarely get pictures of our babies until they are older because the nest is back in the reeds and hard to get to. They don't bring the babies out right away, but they will and I can't wait.

You have red squirrels by you and we have the gray squirrels and an occasional black squirrel. When I worked at the Nature Center we had Fox Squirrels there ... I have some wonderful pictures of them. I may dig them up and post them sometime.

I got a new toy for Mother's Day and I don't have a clue how to work with it. I am experimenting, but not at all happy with the results yet. I have much to learn, but am not sure where I go to learn it. The instructions are written in college educated graphics major language, which I don't speak. This is going to be very interesting. Wish me well ... I may be doing some hair tearing before this is over :(

I finally got some of my flowers planted, but have more to go. I have a lunch date with a friend tomorrow so I don't know when I will get back to my garden. Hopefully the weekend weather will be good and I can finish up. It is getting pretty late to be planting. Anyway, I best go ... it is getting late and I haven't fed my Hubby yet. You have a nice rest of your day ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Amazing, your photos of the hummingbirds!
Hope your chekcup is well, good to hear your new breathing medicine seems to work good for you.
Hmmm, probably I should have a check on my eyes too, it has been a long time ago. But for now I experience no problems with my glasses, so I;ll wait a bit.
The early bedtime certainly was necessary, and if you do;t have to work today, well, do the apppointments but then take it a bit easy, okay?
Hugs
Kyra