Wednesday, April 24, 2013

We're Planning A Party

April 24, 2013

Good morning.  It's a bit cloudy, but the sun seems to be trying very hard to come out from behind the clouds.  Maybe Pogo and I can get out in the yard for a while later today.  Right now, we are watching Word World on TV.  This is such a delightful, fun program.  The creative imagination that went into making this program is simply awesome.

Well, we've decided on our birthday party plans, and sent an invitation to Sassy.  Pogo's birthday is next Sunday, but I have to work so we'll have the party and the sleep over on Monday.  So, now I'll have to pick up some balloons and doggie favors.  I also have to figure out what to do about a cake.  Hmmm, that will take a bit of thought. 

Next, I want to think about what to get Pogo for a birthday present.  That will take a while.  He has lots of toys, but isn't too sure about how to play with them.  He doesn't really need more shirts, and he has several fuzzy blankets.  Hmmm, one can never have too many fuzzy blankets.  Maybe I can get him a couple of small ones for his little house bed.

Now I'm switching the TV channel back to the Weather Channel.  There is a lot of severe flooding happening in the central part of the country.  Several rivers empty into the Mississippi River, which runs the North/South length of the country.  With all the heavy rains, these river banks cannot hold back the rising waters.

I am wishing a safe journey to my friends who are traveling back to Wisconsin.  And to all of you living in these flood zones, be safe.  Hopefully, the rain will be stopping soon and the waters will begin to recede.

I used to believe that the future would see topsy turvy changes in the weather.  Meaning that the winter weather would be going South, and the warmer weather would be coming North.  Now I'm thinking that maybe we will be losing the seasons all together.  Weather will be whatever each day brings.  I mean, think about it.  Right now, our temps can differ as much as thirty or more degrees from one day to the next. 

On a happier note, I took some photos yesterday of the rose bush outside my window.  It was raining, and the bush sparkled with what looked like hundreds of little diamonds.  Here are a couple of the photos.



Did I mention the outcome of Monday's doctor appointment?  One of the things I was worried about was one of my fingers that has been numb since last October.  After reading up on what may have been causing the numbness, I really did not want to hear any bad news.  You know, like losing my finger.  A trip to the doctor months ago could have set my mind at ease. 

I spend a lot of time sitting at the computer, and this is not good for my neck.  Somewhere between my neck and my hand, something is pinching on the nerves to the finger.  So now I have some new exercises to do whenever I am sitting.  Hopefully this will help and I won't have to go for more physical therapy.  I have a follow up appointment next month, so I will know more then.

Well that's all my news for this morning.  I think I'm going to chase a few dust bunnies around.  Lord knows I can use the exercise.  lol.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

How sweet of you to be concerned for us. We are set up at our campsite in Wisconsin and the trip went well. We avoided the road close to the Mississippi as we know those are having trouble with flooding right now.
Happy birthday to Pogo, he'd be a hard one to buy for with all the treasures already bestowed on him!

smiekeltje said...

Good to hear that the cause of the numb finger isn;t really something worrying, and probably will be getting better by doing the excersizes.
May be you should try another position for sitting at the computer?

Hahaha, to find a birthday present for Pogo will be very difficult!
Have a great day,
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good morning! The sun is shining here this morning! I have been glued to the TV to watch the ceremonies of the dedication of President Bush's Library! Just stopped in quickly to say hello and thanks for visiting me! Happy Birthday early to Pogo! Yep, presents will be a problem! Ha, he has everything especially YOU! Hugs, Mat